D&D 4E healing in 4ed

bolen

First Post
I don't have the books yet (guess I am not one of the cool kids)

In the module you heal ALL your HP if you rest for six hours. Is that true in the real game? this would seem to limit the stories you could do of the wounded adventurers fleeing the dragon.

Christian

Explorer
I don't have the books either. But I hope and pray that there are other things than hit point damage you can do to PCs that last beyond the end of the encounter.

bolen

First Post
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
Considering a dragon's speed and endurance, how are the adventurers getting six hours of rest?
OK maybe my example was not great but if you basically get back to 100% after 6 hours. That seems a bit quick.

sirtayls

First Post
I think the goal was to get away from "we rest for the night, the next morning the cleric burns all of his healing spells, meaning we have to rest for another night..."

If the party goal is to 'rest and recover' it shouldn't have to take 3 game days - less realistic, yes, but certainly helps game play.

Aegir

First Post
Extended Rest does indeed recover PCs to 100% - HPs and surges combined. Keep in mind tho' that healing in most every form (including the vast majority of cleric/warlord/paladin healing powers) use up surges, so surges are ultimately your only way to recover (once you're out, even a cleric isn't of alot of help, unless he has a power where he can use one of his on you).

Diseases do extend past encounters, and are way more dangerous than their 3E counterparts, but thats about the only thing that comes to mind. Bleeding chars of resources 3E-style does still work to an extent: if you force them to use surges, you are depleting them, even if they don't use any daily powers or the like.

pukunui

Legend
Also keep in mind that you can only take a 6-hour extended rest once every 12 hours. That's not quite once a day but neither is it twice a day. So you can't just keep taking extended rests after every encounter.

Remove ads