D&D 5E Healing spirit has been updated?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I saw a post over on Reddit, where they show a photo of the page with healing spirit which apparently has had a change so that it can only heal a number of times equal to 1 + casting modifier.

I've checked DnDBeyond and, as of posting, it has not yet been updated.

Do people think this is a good change? I personally don't allow healing spirit and instead use a version of my own devising which attaches to a single creature (moveable by the caster using a bonus action) but I see now problems with the updated spell.

the Jester

Legend
Since you can use it in combat, it's still probably better than prayer of healing, which says to me that it's still too good- at least for my tastes. But healing in 5e is a better higher than I prefer by default, so anything that jacks it up even higher without being e.g. a subclass feature or something has a hard time getting me to go for it.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Honestly, this seems to me more likely to be Photoshop or some similar chicanery.
I don't think so, the photo of the spell looks like it would be difficult to manipulate. As is though, I'm going to keep watch on DnDBeyond and the errata on the wizards site to see if mention of the change comes up there, which it should.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Oh damn, it actually is April fools here in NZ. The days have been blurring together for the last week and a half since I've been working from home.
LOL! I don't blame you, I have a hard time knowing when its the weekend since I've been home for weeks myself.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I just limit the healing to 1/round which I think was the original intention.

It's just that it is worded the exact same way attack spells are. Those work because characters and creatures don't want to enter them.

Remove ads