D&D 5E Healing spirit has been updated?

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Hmm... This is precisely the fix Jeremy Crawford spitballed on Twitter shortly after the release of Xanathar’s, which coupled with the date makes it a bit suspect to me.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Hmm... This is precisely the fix Jeremy Crawford spitballed on Twitter shortly after the release of Xanathar’s, which coupled with the date makes it a bit suspect to me.
His fix was twice your spellcasting modifier, so it is close to the change in the book which is 1+spellcasting modifier. I'm going to keep an eye out for official errata on the DnD website as well as DnDbeyond which should have any updates if they are real.

Maybe I should have put a ? at the end of my thread title.

Shiroiken

Legend
This was a suggestion by the design team to those who felt that it was too powerful out of combat.

Someone else had suggested (I don't know where, and can't give credit) to only allow it to be used 1/round, but the caster chooses if it triggers when someone goes through (preventing enemies from using it in combat). Mathematically it comes out slightly worse than Prayer of Healing outside of combat (assuming level 2 spell slot), but since you can choose where the healing goes, rather than spreading it out, it's still worthwhile. Obviously in combat it's almost as useful as it is now.

I always thought Magic Sprinkler of Healing was fun to watch in play. Like kids running through a portable sprinkler attached to a hose, it is amusing to watch the party run through the Healing Spirit..when Hit Point loss get them too hot. The Druid can even, move the hose.

Ahh the 1970’s and Stagflation, good times. 😀

The fact you can cast it with a shake of your nose, and a magic word as a Bonus Action is what always struck me as being one toque over the line.

It would be an awesome spell, pre-errata, as a “cast as an action” spell. The Bonus Action cast economy is what engenders the “Ahh Come On” disbelief response in me.

Bolares

Hero
I like the fix. 10d6 of healing out of combat for a 2 lvl slot was too much. The spell is still probably better than healing word and cure wounds in combat, but doesn't full heal the party out of it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases