• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hellboy

Cirripedius

First Post
So a dream of mine is to make a hellboy build but I have absolutely no idea where to start. Any suggestions? I was thinking a Hellbred Paladin but seems to... not hellboy...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It depends upon which aspects of Hellboy you want to play up the most.

Tiefling gets you the look, as might a template.

A Barbarian with IUC and/or fighting with spiked gauntlets gets you a bit of the character's fighting style, while Marshall gets you some of his charismatic nature. Warlock gets you a bit more of the infernal connection, but is a tad fragile. It does, however, get you a power to fill in for The Samaritan (his seldom used firearm). PsyWar powers like Expansion and self-healing get you a different take on his battle prowess and resilience.

Battle Sorcerer with the Infernal or Fiendish Heritage (or similar Bloodline and or Heritage feats) can get you a lot of that feel, esp. multiclassed with either Barbarian, PsyWar or Marshall.

Last edited:

Cirripedius

First Post
It depends upon which aspects of Hellboy you want to play up the most.

Tiefling gets you the look, as might a template.

A Barbarian with IUC and/or fighting with spiked gauntlets gets you a bit of the character's fighting style, while Marshall gets you some of his charismatic nature. Warlock gets you a bit more of the infernal connection, but is a tad fragile. It does, however, get you a power to fill in for The Samaritan (his seldom used firearm). PsyWar powers like Expansion and self-healing get you a different take on his battle prowess and resilience.

Battle Sorcerer with the Infernal or Fiendish Heritage (or similar Bloodline and or Heritage feats) can get you a lot of that feel, esp. multiclassed with either Barbarian, PsyWar or Marshall.

Lots of great ideas.I will definantly be doing it with the spiked gauntlets. Currently trying to load my feat index but adobe is giving me some trouble.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If you do use the Sohei- not a bad idea at all- make sure you use the 3.5 updated one from Dragon #317. The update was done by James Wyatt- the same guy who did the 3Ed version of OA.

Remove ads