HELP!!! A gaming group quandary

neg

Explorer
I have to agree with eveyone who suggested using the gamers seeking gamers forum on this website!

I was a 1st edition player who stopped playing in college. I got hooked again when third edition came around, and I had the itch to play.

I posted on the forums here and I got only 1 response on line. However, I received about 12 emails to my personal email address and that was great.

The result? We actually formed two seperate gaming groups so that all that were interested or had time restriction could play.

I have been playing in a monthly Scarred Lands setting, and just recently the second group that was formed has invited me to join that group as well, in a solid homebrew world. Both games are well DM'ed and have very solid intelligent players.

So to make a long story short, start here, you might be pleasantly surprised.

-neg

JesterPoet

First Post
Well, if circumstances force you to bring new players in, I suggest a trip to the local comic shop (assuming you have already tapped the resources of local gaming shops, if there are any). There's bound to be at least one gamer on staff at a comic shop, and they're usually friendly enough to get to know pretty quickly.

Just my two cents.

scadgrad

First Post
just give the new parents a little time...

I'm the DM of our group & my wife & I had a little boy about 9 months ago. We simply took off for about 2 months & then started right back up. We had a similar episode when one of our player's & his wife had their 2nd child some 2 years ago. We've another baby due in the group in the next couple of months so we'll probably take a short hiatus once again.

It's certainly not as big of a deal as you seem to be making it out to be. Perhaps the other players can do a mini campaign while the new fathers are out.

Remove ads