• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

help about a plot idea

spartanah

Explorer
I'm doing a "purim" dnd event tonight.
it's a jewish holiday for costumes (like Halloween but without the horror theme).
So I wanna do an adventure of "nothing is what it seems".
would love your to get an idea about the theme (no doppelganger though, used it much before. will be too obvious)
3 characters level 8 if matters

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
First thing that comes to mind is some kind of festival. You can have the festival traditions include wearing costumes, fanciful decorations, dancing, eating and all around merrymaking. But of course the festival has some dark secret purpose and the fun is just to lure unsuspecting victims in. Perhaps the out of towners are ritually sacrificed to appease an evil power.

It's a bit of a cliche plot at this point but if this is a one shot type of game I find that cliches can work well as the players already know the plot and can easily jump into it.

Quartz

Hero
Do you have access to old Dungeon magazines? In one of the older ones there's a circus adventure where many of the circus are illusionists.

Remove ads