• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help! Coincidence or Virus or ???

greymist

Lurker Extraordinaire
BSODs are back!

I moved last weekend, and I am still in the process of getting all of the computers set up.

I set up my 2000 machine temporarily so we had net access, and no problems were noted for the 4 or 5 days that it was running.

I set up the XP machine 3 days ago, and it is back to the same BSODs (0x0000007F) again!

I have uninstalled Wallmaster, and AVG is updated, but the BSODs still occur. This time they are occurring once the computer has been idle for a few minutes. In fact, I am using it right now, and no problems!

I thought it might be the Power Options, or perhaps the Screensaver. But, the BSODs still occur when no screensaver is selected. And they occur well before the time for the screen to be blanked, letalone the hard drives powering down.

There has to be something that changes when the computer is idle, but I do not have a clue what it could be. I checked the settings for the Cordless Mouse and Keyboard, and they are both set to "wake the computer" from hibernate, which I think means that they do not power down at all. I also updated the drivers for both, and I still got a BSOD.

Once again, any thoughts?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads