HELP! High-tech villain's base?

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Rather than reinvent the wheel, I figured I'd ask here.

Does anyone have maps for a high-tech HQ/lair? Suggestions and links for PDFs, free or not, would be great, too.

Underground would be ideal, but I can likely adapt something above-ground. It of course doesn't have to be specifically for a supers game.

I don't usually sweat the details of stuff like this in my M&M campaign, but in this case I have reason to want a concrete, sensible (you know, within the loose meaning of that word as it applies to comic books) layout.

Thanks!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
No maps but a suggestion: have your BBEG's base run on Mac OS or customized stuff. That way, someone trying to download a virus to disable some of its capabilities is going to be challenged, if for no other reason than unfamiliarity!

"I'm Dr. Techthanatos, and I'm a Mac!"

;)

As for maps themselves, go looking for some old HERO products. The systems are close enough that you should be able to figure out what they did and convert it.

3 I could recommend would be:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Island-Destroyer-Champions-Adventure-Number/dp/B000MKMU60]Amazon.com: The Island of Dr. Destroyer (Champions Adventure Number 1): Steve; Mac Donald, George Peterson: Books[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Viper-Sourcebook-Champions-Crown-Enterprises/dp/1558061797/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298149523&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Viper: A Sourcebook for Champions (Iron Crown Enterprises Staff) (9781558061798): Scott Bennie, Cliff Christiansen, Iron Crown Enterprises Staff: Books[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Champions-Superhero-Role-Playing-Game/dp/B000KGJDAW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298149441&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: Champions The Superhero Role Playing Game: Escape From Stronghold: Adventure No.2: Steve Peterson, George MacDonald, Mark Williams: Books[/ame]

Yes, I know the latter is a prison, but what is a prison but a base meant to keep someone in AND out as opposed to merely out?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Something like this:
[sblock]
Sharp%20Solar%20Home2.JPG
[/sblock]
On top of something like this:
[sblock]
vivoslowerlevel.jpg
[/sblock]
On top of something like this (without the damage):
[sblock]
719_realsize.jpg
[/sblock]
On top of something like this (with a seaplane/sub/jet):
[sblock]
34863668.jpg
[/sblock]

No maps but a suggestion: have your BBEG's base run on Mac OS or customized stuff. That way, someone trying to download a virus to disable some of its capabilities is going to be challenged, if for no other reason than unfamiliarity!
And make the interface run on pure machine code, with the BBEG having the ability to instinctively read and write it.

jefgorbach

First Post
As Modders have shown, there is little reason for the computer to LOOK like a computer so it might be any routine looking item, such as the decorative working fish tank! Your foes cant hack/infect it until they figure out WHERE it is after all.

Even better, someone able to interface directly via cybernetics or mentally wouldn't even need a keyboard/monitor ... not only further limiting foe's options, but increases the ability to put the system out of the way; say between the wall joyces(sp).

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As Modders have shown, there is little reason for the computer to LOOK like a computer so it might be any routine looking item, such as the decorative working fish tank! Your foes cant hack/infect it until they figure out WHERE it is after all.

Even better, someone able to interface directly via cybernetics or mentally wouldn't even need a keyboard/monitor ... not only further limiting foe's options, but increases the ability to put the system out of the way; say between the wall joyces(sp).

Heaven help them if the BBEG is modeled after Mr. Garrison from South Park. Remember the interface for the vehicle he invented?

Janx

Hero
My friend who does cable installs says rich people hide all the cable boxes, tuners,dvrs in a closet and just run clean drops to the tv with wireless (not infrared) universal remotes.

The effect is a clean and minimalistic looking setup.

Using an alternate OS will make it harder to hack or infect. Keeping crucial machines off the internet will also require direct onsite access.

Putting brass netting underneath the drywall will create a farraday cage,thus blocking radio transmissions from outside.

Remove ads