• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me find one of each Role

Estlor

Explorer
Hmm... Svirfneblin Slayer with the Fey Beast Tamer theme riding his Owlbear as a mount wielding a lance in two hands with Spear Expertise.

2d10+13 damage on a successful charge at 1st level. Who wouldn't want to play gnomish owlbear cavalry?

Herschel

Adventurer
If you know one character is a Warlord (hopefully Tactical or Resourceful) than I'd go this way:

Defender: Genasi (Cindersoul or Stormsoul) Shiedling Swordmage or Hybrid Swordmage/Warlock. Nothing like using the racial power when the party's caught in the death box and saying "yeah, all those dice you just rolled for the Dragon's Breath Weapon? They're all ones now." or adding some D8s to your damage rolls. Take either Intelligent Blademaster (if single class) or Eldrtich Strike as your Hybrid Warlock at-will so you have a good melee basic attack. With teh Hybrid you're versatile enough to fill either role. I would advise against a Battlemind as they don't get a good Melee Basic attack and you have a Warlord.

Striker: Stormsoul Genasi Swordmage/Warlock (take the more offensive feats aside from Hybrid talent: Swordmage Warding). There's a lot to keep track of at times, but it's a very versatile character. Or a Dragonborn Thaneborn Barbarian (they get some leaderish stuff while still being a Barbarian) or Dwarven melee Ranger ("I'm a Ranger, Dagnabbit! I like the trees!").

Leader: Either another Warlord (Genasi, Dragonborn or Vryloka, depending) with a different presense or a Battle Cleric (STR primary, Charisma secondary).

Controller: Invoker, probably Deva but anything with a WIS bump will work. Their Dailies aren't as awesome as the best Wizard Dailies, but their Encounter Powers are really good.

These are ones that are effective and IMO fun.

Remove ads