Help me, I'm an idiot (help with Excel)

TracerBullet42

First Post
So, I'm trying to setup some stuff on an Excel spreadsheet to help with keep track of things in my ongoing D&D campaign.

The problem that I'm having is something so minor, but it'd easy my mind if I got it working. Here's the deal...

One of the characters in the game is named Idae. Everytime I type it into Excel, it automatically changes the word to Idea. How can I make it stop doing that???

Thanks!

TracerBullet42

First Post
I figured it out...nevermind. Thanks for your intentions, though. I'm sure they were the best!

And if a moderator wants to just delete this thread to remove some evidence of my simpleness, I surely won't complain.

Thanee

First Post
I seriously dislike the MS Office autocorrection stuff... it's such a pain, when they always wrongly correct words that you typed right. First thing to disable (that and the annoying spell checker) when MS Office gets installed. :D

Bye
Thanee

hong

WotC's bitch
My suggestion would be to rename the character Idea.

And you could have her evil twin, Bad Idea.

If she takes Vow of Poverty, she becomes Poor Idea.

And so on.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Thanee said:
I seriously dislike the MS Office autocorrection stuff... it's such a pain, when they always wrongly correct words that you typed right. First thing to disable (that and the annoying spell checker) when MS Office gets installed. :D

I was writing an article for my work newsletter on cryptozoology, and talking about one of the yeti types ('teh-lma') was giving Word fits, especially because teh is a common misspelling of the.

Brad

drothgery

First Post
It's not that hard to edit the autocorrect list. Autocapitalization has bugged me a lot more than automatic spelling correction, and even that's doing the right thing nine times out of ten.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases