• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me name my blade

Merkuri

Explorer
EroGaki said:
I don't get "Bad Penny."
The phrase, "turn up like a bad penny," means to show up at places or events where you're not wanted. Often you'll say that somebody "keeps turning up like a bad penny" if you keep seeing them places where you hoped to avoid them.

Link to dictionary.

Darklone

I like "Fetch and the Bad Penny" sooo much. I'll yoink it for the next campaign and make it a pair of returning daggers... one cursed and the other one lucky.

I'll need to come up with a real funny curse now!

Andor

First Post
Darklone said:
I like "Fetch and the Bad Penny" sooo much. I'll yoink it for the next campaign and make it a pair of returning daggers... one cursed and the other one lucky.

I'll need to come up with a real funny curse now!

A curse for a dagger named "Bad penny?" That's easy. Any coin you touch turns into a copper piece. A counterfeit copper piece.

Pat

First Post
Andor said:
A curse for a dagger named "Bad penny?" That's easy. Any coin you touch turns into a copper piece. A counterfeit copper piece.
Or to be slightly more subtle the dagger always returns, even when it's just put away, discarded, traded, or lost. At some point, you just find in your pack, your boot, or in that sheath down your back. Naturally, it always seems to happen at the most inconvenient time. Like when the merchant and 20 guards are pounding on your door, demanding to search the premises for the dagger you sold him; or right before they frisk you before your audience with a paranoid king.

EroGaki

First Post
Everyone, thanks for the suggestions on names. I always want to name my weapons, but I'm usually stuck. I have decided on a name and it is... Return to Sender!! I laughed so hard when I read that name that I had to choose it.

Remove ads