• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me name my Runepunk RPG!

Which title sounds more fun?

• GOREBLADE: Heavy Metal Roleplaying

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • OMEGABLADE: The Alien Dragon Apocalypse

Votes: 14 51.9%

Spinachcat

First Post
WHAT IS THIS?
I am in the final stretch of writing my first roleplaying game and I am nearing the time when I am going to have to nail down the title of the game. Your votes and thoughts are appreciated. I use "runepunk" as the genre because that seems to be a good word for fantasy plus science fiction.

WHAT'S THE GAME ABOUT?
Alien overlords lost their war against the onslaught of monsters defending the magical worlds surrounding the Wyrm Sun. You play the mighty warriors and crafty warlocks abandoned by your masters. No longer slaves, can you survive to build your own future?

WHAT ARE THE KEWL BITZ?
You get to play Humans, Mutants, Beastmen or Insecta bug hybrids who are whirlwinds of violence in a world where brutal killing empowers arcane powers and magical spells. I have tried to combine the fun of quick chargen with the fun of building unique characters with the ability for the GM to easily create exciting enemies with the bare minimum time wasted on crunching numbers.

WHAT'S THE DNA OF THE GAME?
This project is my bizarre obsession to combine Dungeons & Dragons and Gamma World blended with my love of heavy metal headbanging. The game system is "old school", but more in the style of Castles & Crusades or Mazes & Minotaurs than OSRIC or other emulators. After almost 30 years of gaming, I know that Twilight 2000, Traveller, Rifts, SpyCraft and a dozen other games will have their mark on the DNA of the final product.

WHEN WILL IT ARRIVE?
I have no illusions about the financial realities of our hobby. Vanity projects rarely break even when you compute your time and effort. My current plan is to have a final rough draft completed January 1st, 2008. Then my playtest and proofreaders get cracking on it while I begin the PDF formatting. My street date for the PDF / POD is April 1, 2008. If I can sell 100 PDFs within 12 months, I will re-invest in a soft cover print run for the FLGS market.

Ion

Explorer
I think that GoreBlade > OmegaBlade

but I also thing that "The Alien Dragon Apocalypse" sounds 110% more interesting than "Heavy Metal Roleplaying"

Just to throw this out there, what about "RunePunk: The Alien Dragon Apocalypse"?

Teflon Billy

Explorer
theredrobedwizard said:
I was just going to suggest switching the two taglines. Goreblade: The Alien Dragon Apocalypse sounds *much* better than the available choices.

-TRRW

Gotta agree.

Not trying to be contrary or anything, but Goreblade: The Alien Dragon Apocalypse sounds like a Heavy Metal themed game.

Khuxan

First Post
theredrobedwizard said:
I was just going to suggest switching the two taglines. Goreblade: The Alien Dragon Apocalypse sounds *much* better than the available choices.

-TRRW

Gotta agree with trrw.

EDIT: RunePunk: The Alien Dragon Apocalypse sounds pretty good too, as does The Alien Dragon Apocalypse on its own.

linnorm

Explorer
theredrobedwizard said:
Goreblade: The Alien Dragon Apocalypse sounds *much* better than the available choices.

My thoughts exactly. RunePunk: The Alien Dragon Apocalypse is a good second choice.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads