Help Me "Tweak" the Hundred Years War and Black Death

EdL

First Post
LostSoul said:
I don't think you'd see the fall of the feudal system because of the D&D mechanics. Characters in a D&D world can become so powerful that they don't need people of lower station supporting them in order to rule a kingdom.
Well, it didn't end feudalism in Europe either. It just got the ball rolling, as it were. It still took a few centuries...

EdL

First Post
wolf70 said:
I guess my best bet for Tuchman's book is Amazon. I will check out the cost and hopefully order it. I really got into Cornwell's Grail Quest Trilogy (historical fiction) and have been searching for a good book on the century ever since.DM
It'll probably be a bit pricey. My old paperback is U$ 9.00 for almost 700 pages. But it's fascinating reading, and not some dry recitation of just facts and figures. (Although there are plenty of those.)

DarrenGMiller

First Post
EdL said:
It'll probably be a bit pricey. My old paperback is U$ 9.00 for almost 700 pages. But it's fascinating reading, and not some dry recitation of just facts and figures. (Although there are plenty of those.)

I just found it at Amazon in "Like New" condition for $4.85 from a reputable seller. The new copies are only about $12.00. I ordered it this morning. Sounds like a great read and you can read the first dozen pages or so on Amazon with the "Look Inside" feature.

Thanks!

DM

EdL

First Post
wolf70 said:
I just found it at Amazon in "Like New" condition for $4.85 from a reputable seller. The new copies are only about $12.00. I ordered it this morning. Sounds like a great read and you can read the first dozen pages or so on Amazon with the "Look Inside" feature.

Thanks!

DM
Great stuff! Happy reading.

DarrenGMiller

First Post
EdL said:
Great stuff! Happy reading.

I am a few chapters in and this book is actually VERY well written and not in a dry, historical account sort of way either. It is an entertaining read. Thanks a LOT for the recommendation!!!

DM

Remove ads