Help my wold design - Your favorite prestige classes?

Andor

First Post
If you can find a copy Hollowfaust is a great take on a city run by Necromancers, and offers necromatically flavored prestige classes for most of the Base Classes. (The Necromatic Bard one is nifty.)

Eela6

First Post
Seeker of the Song.

Oh god, Seeker of the Song.

Unfortunately, it's mechanics suck ass. I'm still working on a method that keeps it's flavor and doesn't have it be horridly worse than every single-classed Bard or Sublime Chord ever - but it's not quite done.

The Human Target

Adventurer
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/prc

The official PRC list from Wizards, for those who may need to look a name up.

I'll stick with mostly stuff that isn't from a campaign setting.

Some of my favorites...

Alienist- Yes, I am a Lovecraft fan. But these guys are just creepy and well built.

Black flame zealot- Okay, so I love cultists. I admit that. But this is another PRC with great flavor and a nice suite of powers. And you can slap a generic flame worshiping group in any setting.

Blackguard- Evil champions.... that are better built than Paladins..... and have a cool name.

Bloodhound- Really neat class. Good for PCs and NPCs. It really delivers what it sets out to do.

Divine disciple- A Forgotten Realms class that works well for any divine character. I kinda wish the higher levels of the base class cleric looked more like this.

Divine seeker- A secret agent for the church. Makes a real neat take on the religion oriented character.

Dungeon delver- The perfect dungeon rogue.

Evangelist- An odd, but nice niche class. Great way for the DM to turn the masses against the party. ;)

Exotic weapon master- Great fighter class.

Ghostwalker- Just a cool class. 3.0 but it still works fine.

Orc warlord- Great NPC class.

Order of the Bow initiate- Amazing archery class.

Stonelord- A bit of an odd duck, but full of power.

Tattooed monk- One of the best, if not the best, monk PRC.

Urban soul- I feel like city adapted classes get somewhat the shaft in DnD. And this one has some unique powers. I love the concept of a "god of the cities" too.

Vigilante- DnD Batman. I can't not love it.

Zhentarim spy- Another FR class that is easy to adapt to any setting. A great spy class.

Dark Lantern- An Eberron agent of the crown class.

Some of my least favorites...

Arcane archer- Made a pretty good PRC in 3.0, but a pretty worthless one in 3.5

Assassin- For the core assassin, its just bad.

Frenzied berserker- A fairly annoying PRC to have in the party.

This thread has taught me that I love freaky badguys, secret agents, and suoerheroes.

Remove ads