• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Name My Weapon

Rechan

Adventurer
I just got this sweet item in a game I'm playing in:

Songbow of Vanishment +2
Weapon: Superior Crossbow
Enhancement: +2 attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus
Property: Bards can use this weapon as an implement for bard powers
and bard paragon path powers.
Power (Daily * Illusion): Free. Trigger: You hit an enemy with a bard
power using this weapon. Effect: You’re invisible to that enemy until
the end of your next turn.

I doubt that I can find out the item's original name. Sparsely populated world, found in a rathole of an armory.

Now, normally my character would just call it "Face-Shooter" and be done with it. But, I want to give it a wicked name. And a name appropriate for my character.

To give you an idea of my character. His name's Devil's Due - a tiefling bard who uses a crossbow. I interpret his Bard powers as not being music related*, but Personality related - dirty looks, glowers, inspiration, and well-aimed shots. His "motivation" is that he has a list of Men Who Need Killin' - rapists, slavers, and other people who harm the innocent and defenseless who deserve to be tracked down and made dead. (The DM described the setting as Firefly like in tone, so I said "I'll play a cowboy" but went with something like Clint Eastwood in "Unforgiven").

*With the exception that on my turn, there's the song from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" playing in the background.

FireLance

Legend
Phobos, the Mind-Killer

Piercing Argument

Parting Shot

Persuasion
Tag line: "What this situation needs is a little persuasion."

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Devil's Due, polishing then loading crossbow: "I call it...The Death Harp."

Victor Timothy, eating annoyingly crunchy apple: "Why do you call it the Death Harp?"

*turnaimshootTUUNNNNNGGGGGUUNNNGGGunngguunngg*

<apple is stapled to oak>

Devil's Due, returning to cleaning crossbow: "That, my dear Vic Tim, was a chimingly perfect E above Middle C."

Victor Timothy, looking at slight nick in middle finger tip: "yeep"

("Deathsong" would also work.)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads