Help needed - Planescape and FR experts

HeavyG

First Post
For all you Planescape experts out there :
(This is pretty long, you can skip to the 2 questions if you like)

I'm creating a new character for a high level campaign (the Rod of Seven Parts). She's a priest of Red Knight, the goddess of strategy and planning, in the Forgotten Realms setting.

Anyway, since she's going to be a divine disciple, she's turning into a native outsider in service to her goddess, which comes with a physical change appropriate to the deity. For example, a divine disciple of Lathander might get golden eyes. Going only by the info in the FRCS book and the deity web enhancement, I'm drawing a blank about what the physical change would be.

Question #1 : Any suggestions about a physical change appropriate with the Red Knight. So far, all I have is red skin to go with the deity's symbol, which is a red knight chess piece.

(I sure wish my DM bought Powers and Pantheons along with the other two 2E FR setting godbooks :D. Those books are great to make a priest come alive, IMO.)

Also, I'm at a loss determining what outsider beings serve lawful neutral powers (or true neutral for that matter). Somehow, I don't see a human goddess being served by modrons or formians. :)

This is important because of summoning and calling spells. Ok, I'm pretty sure I can convince my DM to let me summon axiomatic animals with summoning spells, but what can I call with Planar Ally spells.

Question #2 : Are there any obscure celestial-like or fiend-like outsiders on Mechanus ? I don't need stats, but knowing where to find those would help.

(It would also become important if I put my greedy mits on an item allowing polymorphing since I'm an outsider. :D It doesn't hurt to be prepared, that's my new motto.)

Carnifex

First Post
In the Motp there are the whole '-uts' bunch of creatures - can't remember the group name for them right now :p, creatures like Maruts, Zhelekuts etc, all very lawful. Remember creatures from Acheron and Arcadia would also be suitable for summoning by a LN priestess.

SpuneDagr

Explorer
There's a web enhancement for the MotP on the Wizards site that details the modrons - the original denizens of Mechanus from 2E.

Fenrir

First Post
I've got my Powers and Pantheons just above me right now. Let me see if I can dredge up anything for you...one moment...

I'm going to give you a description of the Red Knight's avatar. Hopefully it'll help spur your imagination:

(From Powers and Pantheons by Eric L. Boyd, pg 44)
"The Red Knight always appears in blood-red full plate armor. Her long, dark braids stream out behind her, and her eyes sparkle like ruby stars."

Me, I'd go with the "eyes sparkling like ruby stars" line. It matches up with the avatar, and the Red Knight's symbol has sparkling red eyes.

Happy gaming,
Fenrir

Zappo

Explorer
Modrons only serve Primus IIRC. And Formians... well, if I can express myself directly... they are so lame that I can't think of any deity who would want one as a servant. The Inevitables (Maruts etc) seem more suited for the task, though they are more connected with punishment than strategy/planning. They are in the MotP.

Or, you could have simply powerful planar humans or elves or whatever, maybe with the axiomatic template. Not everyone on the planes has to be weird.

Zappo

Explorer
Kobold Avenger said:
The Maruts were servants of Rudra, even if they are now one of the Inevitables.
Maybe the other deities saw that they worked well and copied them. :D I reckon they must have done the same with the humanoid form in general.

HeavyG

First Post
Fenrir said:
(From Powers and Pantheons by Eric L. Boyd, pg 44)
"The Red Knight always appears in blood-red full plate armor. Her long, dark braids stream out behind her, and her eyes sparkle like ruby stars."

Me, I'd go with the "eyes sparkling like ruby stars" line. It matches up with the avatar, and the Red Knight's symbol has sparkling red eyes.

That's perfect. Thank you, Fenrir.

As to the Inevitables, I'm definitely checking them over as soon as the DM will give me my MotP back. :)

Nothing else ? No second edition closely guarded secrets or anything ?

We could possibly use axiomatic deva, modified to have lawful neutral alignment and changing alignment-dependent abilities (protection from evil etc...) . Maybe with a metallic shine or something as it seems that lately, LN = cyborg (i.e. the axioatic bullette).

Remove ads