• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help picking feat for 9th level Cleric

Trying to decide what feat to pick for my character. He's 10th level. I forgot to pick a feat at 9th level, so I need to pick one now.

He is a member of militia that has gone on several missions, putting his War and Protection domains to good use. He's my very first 3e character, so there is no grand plan for Prestige Classes, etc. The plan is just 20 levels of Cleric, with all ability increases in Wis.

Here's what he already has.

Elven Cleric of Corellon Larethian (domains: War & Protection)
Feats: Improved Initiative, Point Blank Shot, Brew Potion
Skills: Concentration +12, Diplomacy +4, Heal +16, Knowledge (Religion) +10, Spellcraft +3

Any suggestions on the next feat? I'm thinking of another archery feat (Precise Shot), since he's got an 18 Dex and only an 11 Str. But maybe an item creation feat would be better? And those meta-magic feats look awfully tempting.... Someone, please, nudge me in a direction! :D

hong

WotC's bitch
Barendd Nobeard said:

Elven Cleric of Corellon Larethian (domains: War & Protection)

Kill him. KILL HIM NOW!

Ahem.

Any suggestions on the next feat? I'm thinking of another archery feat (Precise Shot), since he's got an 18 Dex and only an 11 Str. But maybe an item creation feat would be better? And those meta-magic feats look awfully tempting.... Someone, please, nudge me in a direction! :D

Empower Spell. 50% extra on your buffing spells must surely be too good to resist! Or Extend Spell, to make them last twice as long, and work your way to Persistent Spell.

If you didn't have Brew Potion already, I'd have suggested Craft Wand. At 750gp for a CLW wand healing 50d8+50, you won't find a more cost-effective way of healing.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Reach Spell Metamagic feat is good, to -- turn all your touch spells (like the various Cures and Inflicts) into a 30-foot rnage ray. 'Course, you'll have to succeed at a ranged touch attack to hit...

Numion

First Post
Empower Spell

That's a no-brainer, IMO. You can soon double-empower cat's grace to 6th level domain spell. That should do the trick.

Crothian

First Post
I'd go with extend spell. It's nice to increase durations on those 1rnd per level spells. You are getting to the point where Quicken spell becomes useful. So, those are the two I recommend.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
if your funds are limited: scribe scrolls or extend spell

If you have lots of money: craft arms and armor or craft miscelanious items.

Ancalagon

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
You could try spell focus in one of your domains. I did. Not extremely useful but it's different. :) Spell focus, Spell Penatration and/or Reach spell are all pretty decent. Sacred Spell also works well, since it makes all your damaging spells have the divine energy now, making your flamestrike has a little more sting to them.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll pick one soon (we're not playing for another week)--and probably another of the ones suggested when (if) he makes 12th level.

Shadeus

First Post
I'd suggest Extend Spell. If you are allowed to use any of the splatbooks, I would plan on Persistent spell for your 12th-level slot. Persistent divine favor or shield of faith is very nice.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads