D&D 5E Help playtest my fantasy stat draft!

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I'm going for CHR 14.

Would have been nice to grab that WIS 14, but I need to lock in a good CHR and with the snake draft it will be forever before it gets back to me.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I'm going for CHR 14.

Would have been nice to grab that WIS 14, but I need to lock in a good CHR and with the snake draft it will be forever before it gets back to me.
Done.

@akr71 messaged me with Wild 12 as pick #24.

Next up is @Fenris-77 with #25, the official halfway point.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Something I was thinking about. Even with a snake draft, there's a bit of a bonus to going early to get the highest picks because D&D 5e encourages specialization.

With 7 picks, that means there's going to be 4 "forward" and only 3 "backward" picks - which also favors going early.

When doing this for real it might be worth it to give those going late some small boon. Perhaps an extra floating +1 to your lowest, or something similar.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Something I was thinking about. Even with a snake draft, there's a bit of a bonus to going early to get the highest picks because D&D 5e encourages specialization.

With 7 picks, that means there's going to be 4 "forward" and only 3 "backward" picks - which also favors going early.

When doing this for real it might be worth it to give those going late some small boon. Perhaps an extra floating +1 to your lowest, or something similar.
Yea, I think that's definitely a consideration. @el-remmen's system countered that by having the order go in from lowest to highest value pick in the previous round, but that's tough to do with mine since there a lot of non-numerical picks.

+1 to some of the lower stats makes sense.

Remove ads