D&D 5E Help playtest my fantasy stat draft!

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I'm debating between human and leaning into the big & dumb stereotypes with half orc or goliath.

Or, now that I look again at the character gen rules and see that TwoSix is homebrew friendly, I might re-skin one of the latter to Trollborn, a la the 2E Vikings campaign supplement. :)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Also, since this was a playtest, I'm more than happy to accept any and all feedback/suggestions you think could make this better. I've already decided that making an even number of rounds (either 6 or 8) so that the later pick players have a stronger position. And I'll definitely add in a few extra options so that picking in the last round doesn't box you into a specific pick quite as strongly.

akr71

Hero
akr71: Wis 15, Con 12, Wild 12, Int 14, Cha 13, +2 Con, -1 to one stat, -1 to 3 different stats, Tough, one random rare magic item
I think I'll make this character a Wood Elf Druid (Circle of the Moon)
S 8 7 (-1 to 3 stats)
D 8 12 (Wld) 11 (-1 to one stat) 13 (Wood Elf) 14 (4th level ASI)
C 12 14 (+2 Con)
I 14 13 (-1 to 3 stats) 14 (4th level ASI)
W 15 16 (Wood Elf)
Ch 13 12 (-1 to 3 stats)
Tough Feat, one random rare magic item

HP 47 assuming average HP at every level (16 Con + Tough + Hill Dwarf = HD +6 HP/level)
AC 13 (Leather & Shield)
Flame Tongue Scimitar

Skills & background to come.

Last edited:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I think I'll make this character a Hill Dwarf Druid (Circle of the Moon)
S 8
D 8 12 (Wld) 11 (+1 to one stat) 10 (-1 to 3 stats)
C 12 14 (+2 Con) 16 (Dwarf)
I 14 13 (-1 to 3 stats)
W 15 16 (Hill Dwarf) 18 (4th level ASI)
Ch 13 12 (-1 to 3 stats)
Tough Feat, one random rare magic item

HP 47 assuming average HP at every level (16 Con + Tough + Hill Dwarf = HD +6 HP/level)
AC 13 (Leather & Shield)
Didn't want to know your rare magic item first? :)

Because I just rolled it, and it's pretty good.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Whispers Under Vines (Whisper)
CG Tabaxi Gloomstalker

STR 12 DEX 20 CON 15 WIS 14 INT 9 CHA 9

HP: 32
AC: 18 (20 w Shield) includes Studded Leather +1
SPD: 30’ (Climb 20’) (walking = 40’ on 1st turn of combat)
Saves: STR and DEX
Languages: Common, Tabaxi. +2 undecided

Proficiencies: All Weapons, Light and Medium Armour, Shields
Skills: Perception, Stealth, Survival, Athletics, Insight, Deception, Persuasion
Tools: Lockpicks, Tabaxi Flute

Background: Urban Bounty Hunter

Ear to the Ground: You are in frequent contact with people in the segment of society that your chose n quarries move through. These people might be associated with the criminal underworld, the rough-and-tumble folk of the streets, or members of high society. This connection comes in the form of a contact in any city you visit, a person who provides information about the people and places of the local area.

Darkvision 90’
Feline Agility: Allows a burst of speed in combat. May move double speed until end of turn. Cannot be used again until I have moved 0 in one of my turns.
Cat’s Claws: Climb Speed 20’; Natural Weapons 1d4 +STR
Cat’s Talent: proficiency in Perception and Stealth
Feats: Ritual Caster (Wizard – cast w INT) Find Familiar, Detect Magic (casting time = +10min)

Deft Explorer: Canny (double prof in Athletics) +2 add languages (I didn’t add these…)

Favored Foe: When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4. You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
This feature's extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Fighting Style: Duellist (+2 dmg)
Primal Awareness – Speak w Animals

Spells Known: (3 @ 1) + PA and GS
First Level: Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark, Fog Cloud, Disguise Self, Speak w Animals

Gloomstalker:
GS Magic adds Disguise Self

Dread Ambusher: At 3rd level, you master the art of the ambush. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Wisdom modifier. At the start of your first turn Of each combat, your walking speed increases by 10 feet, which lasts until the end of that turn. If you take the Attack action on that turn, you can make one additional weapon attack as part of that action. If that attack hits, the target takes an extra 1d8 damage of the weapons damage type.
Umbral Sight: At 3rd level, you gain darkvision out to a range of 60' feet. If you already have darkvision from your race, its range increases by 30 feet. You are also adept at evading creatures that rely on darkvision. While in darkness, you are invisible to any creature that relies on darkvision to see you in that darkness.

Gear: Studded Leather +1, Shield, Rapier, Longbow, Tabaxi Flute, Thieves’ Tools, Starting Gear

Attacks: Rapier +5 TH/1d8 +7 Dmg // Long Bow +5 TH/1d8 +5 Dmg // Claws +1 TH/1d4 +1 Dmg

Backstory:
Whispers Under Vines (Whisper, to the hairless) comes from a distant Tabaxi clan called River Shade in the Common tongue. Unlike many Tabaxi clans, River Shade is matrilineal and worships a female aspect of the Cat Lord called She Who Waits and Watches. The male Tabaxi from Whispers’ family have, since time immemorial, serves as Se’Sewathi to the clan. Se’Sewathi translates roughly as Hunters in the Dark, and the Se’Swathi guard the clans’ borders and hunt down interlopers and those who break clan law.

Many cycles of the moon ago a merchant came to River Shade to trade silks and other baubles in exchange for rare Tabaxi herbs and jewelry (mostly made from amber found deep in the jungle). The first night he was there, he snuck into the clan hall of worship and stole a platinum and onyx statue of She Who Waits and then disappeared into the jungle and was never seen again, despite the efforts of the Se’Sewathi. The Matron of River Shade, Dew in Moonlight, charged Whisper to venture into the lands of the Hairless and recover the statue at any cost.

Whisper has been travelling for more than a year, hunting in every city and town for rumours of the missing statue. Despite his distaste for the Hairless generally, and for thieves in particular, he has spend much time gaining contacts with smugglers and anyone else who might prove useful in his search.

RP notes: The matrilineal nature of his clan makes Whisper very respectful of females generally, sometimes to his detriment. He dislikes the Hairless (as the Tabaxi call most races who aren’t Tabaxi) for their greed and perfidy, but his experiences outside his homeland have shown him that not all the Hairless are as he thought they were. Whisper possesses the usual Tabaxi curiosity, and he isn’t always delicate when it comes to asking others about the why’s and wherefor’s of their odd (to him) behavior. He also doesn’t much care about the strange laws of the Hairless, and his ideas about personal property have occasionally gotten him into trouble - his clan steal from each other regularly and treat the whole endeavor as high sport, accompanied by my much boasting and hilarity.

Note: I had decided on a matrilineal clan and Urban Bounty Hunter before @Blue posted

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases