• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help proofing character generation document I made.

Evenglare

Adventurer
Hey everyone, I made a character generation document that goes STEP BY STEP through new character creation. Besides the first couple of points (its old school and it's how I have always done it so no need to even point it out , its my personal DM style that my group and I both agree too and enjoy) I would like to know if I missed anything, or overlooked anything. I am writing this for a new comer to the game to create a new character (obviously the person/people in question will have access to the book and resources ). This is just to clarify creation. Anyway, thanks for the help !

I am working on the level up process now, just wanting to get the new character creation overlooked and set to go before I print it out.

Edit: Should probably post the link....
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzgkhm3mgku2awl/Character Generation.docx

SkredlitheOgre

Explorer
Under "Buy Weapons," where you talk about calculating weapon attack, you might want to mention the Strength bonus for melee attack rolls and Dexterity bonus for ranged attack rolls.

I didn't see anything else missing or that needed to be taken out. Looks good!

rkarnes

First Post
I think this is a good idea, and it looks ready to print. Do you mind if I expand on it a little and re-post a version for a game with different character generation rules?

Last edited:

Hello there, the document is pretty complete, but here are some suggestions:

- regarding skills: some skills cannot be used untrained. If you want to be sure you can use a trained-only skill, make sure you put at least 1 skill rank in it.
- regarding skills: skill ranks depend on class, to which you add your intelligence modifier as well as your extra skill rank if you have chosen this particular favored class feature.
- starting gold: do your players roll or take the average?
- buying weapons / weapon proficiency: race and class determine which weapons you have proficiency with
- alignment: some classes restrict alignment choice
- alignment: do you impose some kind of restrictions regarding alignment? ie no evil?

AR

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads