• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Help with resizing a weapon for a tiny character

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I've been playing in a Shackled City campaign for some time now, and we have a tiny character who has joined the group. Not long ago, they had their weapons destroyed by hitting demons with an acid sheathe and so we're in a situation where they are extremely limited for fighting options at the moment.

Is anyone aware of a spell which would resize an existing weapon, and could applied to a magical weapon? If not, what would you suggest as a researched spell to do this? I'm playing a wizard in full Batman mode, so I'm expected to be able to do anything.

I'm finding that the lack of a real weapon is really making the game less fun for our tiny gnome character, so I might get some GM leniency on this, but I still need something better than Shrink Item.

Any thoughts?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Insofar as actual first-party material goes, there isn't much. There's a Clr 0, Drd 0, Sor/Wiz 0 spell called resize in Dragon #302 ("A Clutch of Cantrips"), but it only works on one non-magical piece of clothing or armor. Weapon shift, from Dragon #275 ("Alister's Augmentations") is a Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 1 spell that will transform one melee weapon into another melee weapon of the same size or smaller, but it only works on non-magical weapons.

If you allow homebrew content, there's the ritual of resizing spell.

A sentient weapon might auto adjust to the weilder size. Doesn’t have to have any powers beyond sentience for now if low level, but can develop as character does, nice find for a character after losing everything, also, useful for dm to lead players.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
just give him a custom weapon, he's a tiny gnome so he's not suppose to be effective in battle unless he using magic, missiles or poisons.

Remove ads