D&D 5E Help with this theme

Paul Smart

Explorer
Hello everyone.

I need some help with a character I am creating. I am trying to make everything make sense thematically. I have figured out the mechanics for this character, I just can not make it thematically consistent.

The Character: Warforged Celestial Warlock

Why would a warforged be a warlock?
Why would a celestial choose a warforged?
What motivates this character?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Is it Eberron? In Eberron Couatl are by far the most frequently encountered celestials, and there aren't any more or less likely to choose a warforged over any other free willed individual.

Well, Decent into Avernus begins in the Forgotten Realms, so the first thing you need to do is explain the existence of a warforged in the FR. The origin of the warforged might explain it's class.

What are your feelings on Tinker Gnomes? The priests of Gond build mechanical servants called Gondsmen. They were a class feature of the 3.5 Techsmith Prestige Class. They weren't terribly smart (Int 4) but perhaps the event that made you a Warlock gifted you with additional intelligence/agency.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Well, if you connect Patron to maker you have a theme there. Perhaps a celestial forged him, or fixed him and he now serves that Celestial. The question of why would be a great motivation for the character, why was I built, why was I chosen? Sounds like a cool character.

Remove ads