Help?!?!?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlmartin

Explorer
OK Firstly my ability to use the WYSIWYG editor and have to add the HTML coding in manually which sucks Now I can't search for topics or look up my own previous topics because it says I have invalid privlledges.Something is seriously screwed up with my access to Enworld and I seriously need helpPLEASE!! ;)

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
OK Firstly my ability to use the WYSIWYG editor and have to add the HTML coding in manually which sucks Now I can't search for topics or look up my own previous topics because it says I have invalid privlledges.Something is seriously screwed up with my access to Enworld and I seriously need helpPLEASE!! ;)

You can't use the search feature on these forums without a community supporter account.

wlmartin

Explorer
You can't use the search feature on these forums without a community supporter account.

*Cough* What a jip *Cough*
Seriously? You have to pay to use the search functions... so I can't even look up my previous posts without paying money per month. That is a bit lame.

So... nothing I can do about that but what about my editor problem, without a fix I cant use this forum

wedgeski

Adventurer
*Cough* What a jip *Cough*
Seriously? You have to pay to use the search functions... so I can't even look up my previous posts without paying money per month. That is a bit lame.
Not really. Hardware and bandwidth cost the site owners money, this is a pretty large community, and search was a massive drain on both, affecting site performance for everyone. As an alternative you can use a Google site search.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
You can't use HTML on vb because then it gives spammers and hackers a way in and can lead to the destroy the website via stealth db hacks. If you want to learn how to use vb/bb code read up here.

wlmartin

Explorer
Not really. Hardware and bandwidth cost the site owners money, this is a pretty large community, and search was a massive drain on both, affecting site performance for everyone. As an alternative you can use a Google site search.

Google site search could be an option but not really fair. I have run and used forums since there were forums back on BBS. Charging to use features on a forum is something I find a little poor and whilst I can appreciate there are cost elements in running the site, I am fairly sure that advertising alone would cover the low cost of running the forum side of things.

Its a moot point since I have no sway in how things run, perhaps it would be better to limit searches to a certain amount per day, it is rare that I use searching on forums and only do it when I need to track down a previous thread or make sure I am not double posting.

So how about that then? 5 searches per day? I am sure that wouldnt cripple the system

wlmartin

Explorer
You can't use HTML on vb because then it gives spammers and hackers a way in and can lead to the destroy the website via stealth db hacks. If you want to learn how to use vb/bb code read up here.

You misunderstand my issue.

When I reply to a quote, it transfers the breaks, ahrefs and links into actual HTML rather than just being interpreted by the editor.

Previously when I want to make something bold I click the "B" or press CNTRL+B but it doesnt work

Also the simple action of entering a carriage return twice to start a new paragraph is not possible either. Whenever I type ENTER it leaves the space I want but when it posts the text, it comes out as one long block of text

To get around this I have to type [br /] where "[" is "

P

PaulofCthulhu

...whilst I can appreciate there are cost elements in running the site, I am fairly sure that advertising alone would cover the low cost of running the forum side of things.

Alas if it's anything like the site I run then the running costs are well into three figures each month. We've just switched off Google Ads as they did nothing (in fact were detrimental) and so we're trying different approaches.

For advertising revenue it seems money follows money, so if you run a site dealing with:

Various vices
Finance
Medicine
Marketing

Then you can make money on advertising.

Otherwise, it seems, not so much. :(

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You already have a thread on your WYSIWYG editor issues, so I'll close this one. You don't need two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads