Hero/Fuzion style magic ala D20

Loric

First Post
Anyone considered doing this? As I recall the the system complicated and numbers intensive but the end result was nearly any possible effect, in balanced terms...I wonder if it would be worth doing a conversion/revision of this system for use with D20.

Any thoughts?

Loric

Loric

First Post
basically the system gives one the mechanical means to resolve an effect, but the appearance, the signature of the effect is left up to the indivdual spell. Also, a fairly extensive series of modifiers is present that allows one to tailor the spell for a given spell caster, a given magic system, whichever. The system will allow you the mechanical means to change alter spells, or entire systems of magic based on the modifiers. Modifiers change the cost of the spell both in terms of power consumption (in a spell point system, or higher level...) and in difficulty to use (should you make 'requires a skill roll' a mandatory modifier).

I think that given the right amount of work the system could be ported into D&D creating a method to easily create both existing a new spells in a mathematically balanced way. I also think that with enough familiarity the system could be used to create an instant spell type system where a caster manipulated magic to create any desired effect at the time, rather than casting formulaic type spells as we have now.

Loric

Remove ads