Hero......what's the deal?

Benben

First Post
Zu Warriors and Legend of Zu are the same film, "Legend of Zu" being the name Disney gave the film for US distribution.

The movie is the Martial Arts version of the Phantom menace. Fantastic special effects, a generation of fans wanting a sequel to the original Zu film by Tsui Hark, but in the end the story and acting are unsophisticated and nonsensical.

I think you can pick up Legend of Zu from Poker Industries. It's a Hong Kong subtitle job, so don't expect good translations, or text for everything people talk about.

Mog Elffoe

Explorer
Benben said:
Zu Warriors and Legend of Zu are the same film, "Legend of Zu" being the name Disney gave the film for US distribution.

The movie is the Martial Arts version of the Phantom menace. Fantastic special effects, a generation of fans wanting a sequel to the original Zu film by Tsui Hark, but in the end the story and acting are unsophisticated and nonsensical.

I think you can pick up Legend of Zu from Poker Industries. It's a Hong Kong subtitle job, so don't expect good translations, or text for everything people talk about.

Mostly correct, Benben. ;)

Legend of Zu is how the film is marketed outside of the United States. Zu Warriors is what Columbia Tristar was calling it at one time (and may still be) for its eventual/maybe Stateside release.

You should be able to find the HK DVD of Legend of Zu just about any place that carries imported films. Poker Ind. definitely has it.

It's worth a look just because it is so pretty and fantastical, but be warned--it is totally crazy and incoherent, even by crazy and incoherent Hong Kong cinema standards...

Benben

First Post
Mog Elffoe said:
Mostly correct, Benben. ;)
Thanks for correcting me. I saw the silly film two years ago and couldn't for the life of me remember what it was acutally titled in the US. I couldn't even remember who actually had the rights for it in the US just trusted the first few google entries I saw.

I really do hope it gets an actual release in the US. The subtitles on my HK DVD are far from good.

Speaking of good Asian fantasy, has anyone else seen Musa: The Warrior? I just purchased it and I felt I was watching a cross between the Wild Bunch and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Frostmarrow

First Post
I loved this movie. I gave it a 5 out of 5. Perhaps I'd change that to a 4 out of 5 if I saw it again today but I don't know. Beautiful movie - the kind you just sit back, relax and enjoy.

Remove ads