• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes #5: Angels And Monsters/Oct 2008

F5

Explorer
For me this season it seems like Hiro's character has just become a bumbling comic relief device

Agreed. Considering that Hiro was one of the highlights of the past 2 seasons for me, this is disappointing.

Also, while not a fan of Mohinder in general, I'm really not liking this whole "I'm a spider-man predator now" bit. What just about everyone in this show needs, but Mohinder specifically, is a good old fashioned smack upside the head. We have the "good guy must resist terrible urges or become that which he despises" storyline with Peter, already. This was not the way to make Mohinder interesting.

Claire vs Bubbles McVortex? That was good TV. Bennet's plan to use Vortex to kill Sylar was perfectly in-character, as was Claire's disgust at using Vortex that way, as was Sylar's reaction. "Bennett wants me dead, huh? Sure I could kill him, but what would REALLY hurt him is if I turned his daughter against him. That'll show Bennett...". I want more Heroes written like that!

Darth Shoju

First Post
I thought this episode was much better than the previous ones. The main plot is getting interesting and I like how they explained Linderman. I hope there's a good explanation for what Hiro did, otherwise it is very stupid.

So things are looking better, but there's still some stuff that isn't great. The acting is still rough in places (Hayden Panettiere, Milo Ventimiglia, Ali Larter, and Adrian Pasdar being the main culprits, though they all improved last episode) and the dialogue is still corny. I particularly hate what they've done to Sylar. He was a fantastic villain and was clearly a sociopath. This whole "my power makes me evil" thing is a lame way to make him a good guy just because he's popular. I don't mind Peter's descent into evil as much, as long as Milo can make it less corny. I also appreciate them trying to give Mohinder something to do, but I hope they don't screw up his character too much with this turning him into a hyper-sexed killer insect-man.

I guess at this point I'm cautiously optimistic.

Sounds like I missed a good episode.

As for Mr, Petrelli having a power, the mother did say he had a "great power". What was never said.

DonTadow

First Post
For me this season it seems like Hiro's character has just become a bumbling comic relief device
100% agreed. It seems that the writers have stopped and regressed on his character development. Wasn't he in old japan for like 1 year or 2. He learned how to be this super Kinsea Hero. Now he's curly from the three stooges.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
What just about everyone in this show needs, but Mohinder specifically, is a good old fashioned smack upside the head.

Shouldn't that be capping in the the head?

I like the show but it needs a good culling and Mohinder needs to be the first to go.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Shouldn't that be capping in the the head?

I like the show but it needs a good culling and Mohinder needs to be the first to go.

I disagree. They need to keep Mohinder around for 5 more episodes and devote 5 minutes of each of those episodes to different villains brutally torturing Mohinder, starting with Sylar. THEN during the 5th Nightmare man comes by and create an illusion of Mohinder's family.

Mohinder's father will berate Mohinder for crapping on his work, destroying his legacy, and for being a stupid stupid child who allowed Sylar become unstoppable while placing Molly's life in constant danger. Shanti will then reveal that she used to drop Mohinder on his head whenever she held him and that she used to put dung in his food when his mom wasn't looking. Mohinder's mom then will say that she never loved Mohinder and often found herself fighing the urge of drowning him in the bathtube or smothering him as she slept.

Broken and full of despair, Mohinder will do the honorable thing and go out Kurt Kobain style. With his rotting corpse on the floor, some random homeless man will break into the apartment, urinate on Surresh's corpse, steal his stuff then set the building on fire. The last we will see of Mohiner is his ashes being swept into a dumpster before being sent to some random landfill.

Taelorn76

First Post
I disagree. They need to keep Mohinder around for 5 more episodes and devote 5 minutes of each of those episodes to different villains brutally torturing Mohinder, starting with Sylar. THEN during the 5th Nightmare man comes by and create an illusion of Mohinder's family.

Mohinder's father will berate Mohinder for crapping on his work, destroying his legacy, and for being a stupid stupid child who allowed Sylar become unstoppable while placing Molly's life in constant danger. Shanti will then reveal that she used to drop Mohinder on his head whenever she held him and that she used to put dung in his food when his mom wasn't looking. Mohinder's mom then will say that she never loved Mohinder and often found herself fighing the urge of drowning him in the bathtube or smothering him as she slept.

Broken and full of despair, Mohinder will do the honorable thing and go out Kurt Kobain style. With his rotting corpse on the floor, some random homeless man will break into the apartment, urinate on Surresh's corpse, steal his stuff then set the building on fire. The last we will see of Mohiner is his ashes being swept into a dumpster before being sent to some random landfill.

Man that is just BRUTAL, I agree, but damn :devil:

Ouch. Nothing like making it personal..... :confused:

Remove ads