• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes, Inc., Day 2: Goldenight

Falkus

Explorer
"I personally say that the adder's better off dead," Dyria commented dryly. "But I guess that's not really an option here. Did I ever mention how I hate politics?"

DM_Matt

First Post
Having agreed on a path, Aleena sends everyone home to prepare and meet at the docks. It is possible to leave in the evening.

Information comes in over the course of the day about the trip. The ship that Aiden is providing is very fast and durable, even for a reletively small craft. A crew of about two dozen is being provided by the navy, which should be more than enough. The ship is called the Red Kraken and is made of a red-colored wood with carvings of sea-creatures on it. It is equipped with four light cannons (two on each side), and a heavy double ballista in the front that is capable of being angled upwards to attack air targets. Additionally, the back of the ship, near the captains wheel, are two Spell Engines. Spells can be cast into them and stored, then activated as a full-round action by a non-caster. They additionally can take draw power directly from wands. The ordinary captain of the ship, a dwarf named Nemor Irontide, insists on remaining with his ship, but will submit to allow Lt. Kiran (Archivist 12 -- Arcane rather than divine spells, minus the flashier energy ones) to pilot the ship.

More info comes in with regard to the previous night. Among the most powerful annd high-profile of the missing are Khelben and Laeral, the archmages of Blackstaff Tower. They were thought to be in the city that night, but no one has heard from them since the fighting started. Rumor has it that as many as half the Lords of the city are missing or confirmed dead. Parties frequented by the military were especailly hard-hit. Numerous naval officers were killed in the fire at the party that Kiran and "Jornac" were at, which apparently broke out shortly after they left.

Aiden has become especially popular. He is taking credit for saving the city, and the people are buying it. Aleena is taking credit for her and your actions that night in stopping the threat at the source, but unfortunately that does little to improve the image of the guard and the churches, all of whom have lost quite a bit of confidence with the people. This bodes poorly for Aleena, who is counting on those groups to help her against Zarun.

Anything before you leave?

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
When Alethia hears the news, she is very skeptical of the whole situation. She wonders, what if anything she can do to curtail this man's rise to power.

Gossip. Question his motives. Spread rumors to discredit him and more importantly, make sure that they are the truth. the voice hissed in her mind.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Tomarrow night I will post what happens when you leave. I'm waiting so that people can post more if necessary. I think "If you havent said otherwise by time X, you go" is better than requiring a yes checkin from everyone.

frostrune

First Post
ALL OOC: How many of the crew are Aiden's men? Are the remainder hand-picked by Kiran or Aleena?

Timrin will also do some shopping before embarking: A chainshirt (100 gp) , a MW longspear (310 gp), (2) potions of waterbreathing (1500 gp), and (2) potions of fly (1500 gp)

For those of us with the ability, some freedom of movement scrolls might be a wise choice.. hiint, hint ;)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Murdoch will also buy (2) potions of waterbreathing (1500 gp) & (3) freedom of movement scrolls (3,000 gp).

OCC: I think I may have missed something, have we distributed/sold the evil fey's stuff (post #381)? If so, how much money do we have to spend? (I'll likely buy more stuff).

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
Alethia is adding the necklace of adaptation quality to her periapt of health. She has made her bow a feybane weapon (for use on evil fey only. ;)). She has sold her cold iron knuckles, figuring the bow and adaptation quality would be a more wise purchase. She has also bought another wand of cure light wounds. I also figured that with all of the wand usage, she has about 20 charges left on her old wand.

Treasure: Black Elven Chain +5, Bear's-Head Belt of Str +4, Boar Amulet of Con +4, Scabbard of Keen Edges, Boots of Speed, Swooping Owl Ring of Wis +2 and Dex +2, Zura's Bane (The sword. Note that this is not the only powerful plot item in the campaign. It will balance out eventually as you find more)

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
DM_Matt said:
(Finish the treasure retroactively as we continue). A new thread is acomin'

OCC: OK, so, final shopping list includes: Add: Pearl of the Sirines quality to chasuble of fell power & gloves of dexterity +4 or +6 (depending on available cash)

Sold: ring of Ring of force shield (+2 ac), gloves of dexterity +2

Guys, a Pearl of the Sirines coud be very useful to all of us.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads