• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroic Dilemma: Help Us!

Sounds more like the GM thought "hey, this would be a really cool scenario!"

Personally, I'd more inclined to stick it out and fight here and now. Just have to get creative in getting past those annoying tin cans is all ;)

And not a personal slap at your character, but to quote everyone's favorite green midget, "Always in motion the future is, difficult to see."

Besides, who's to say that the tales of your heroes making a heroic last stand wouldn't inspire a later generation of heroes (perhaps even more powerful ones) to revolt against the alien overlords. Maybe even a farm boy from Kansas with powers beyond those of mortal men would be inspired by the legends of those heroes to rise up and stand for Truth, Justice, and all that other stuff :D

Fenes said:
Why are the germans so important? at 1934, they have no army to speak of, no tanks, no modern planes, barely anything more but the 100'000 men from the Reichswehr that Versailles left them. I'd think the UK and France would be better, with their fleets and armies spread over their colonial empires. Italy might be another choice. Then there are the soviet, with so much ground to hide in, smaller european nations with good armed forces (Czech, Switzerland, Finnland).

I'd say, stay and kick the aliens out. If 100'000 germans are that good, then a few million other soldiers from around the globe should do the trick the same.

Well. In 1934, there were not supers. Also - there was no alien invasion. ;) So, not everything is as it was. What is more, we are told that there are not "a few million other soldiers" left. A substantial portion of the world's population has been wiped out... and that population all happens to be the ones that were fighting back... various world armies.

Germany is quite obviously NOT the Germany that actually existed in 1934. 'Tis the nature of pulp/alternate history RPGs. History as we know it is not history as it is in the game. Germany has, in some way, been prepared for this invasion and, as such, they have been able to fend off some portion of the attack.

That said, the portion they've been able to fight is comparable to the portion we've been able to fight off... and so that's not much. Essentially, we seem to be the only people that were able to fight long enough to escape and go into hiding.

In the end, I think the GM has this very well thought out. He's a methodical, detail-oriented guy that gives his all to every game he runs (and I don't just say that because he's my husband. ;) ). I'm guessing he has it SO WELL thought out that we're probably going to end up in the future regardless of our actions. And that isn't a bad thing at all - especially because, in Mutants and Masterminds, there's a mechanic built right in for these kinds of situations.

I think the GM *wants* us to have an enslaved people to fight for. He *wants* the campaign to shift to that desperate world that is in the world's future. And, more importantly, if Tesla manages to TRICK us into his "Chronobridge," we've got a lot of awesome drama in our future.

Personally, I'm inclined to choose the future. While QueenD understands that Tarot's viewings can shift and change, Tarot is new to the future-telling business and quite full of herself. From an in character perspective, she's definitely spear-heading the "TO THE FUTURE" movement.

On a side note, there has been talk of splitting our very large group in two... so maybe the two prong attack (some in the present, some in the future) is a good idea...

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
On a side note, there has been talk of splitting our very large group in two... so maybe the two prong attack (some in the present, some in the future) is a good idea...

I'm not sure it would be a good tactic, but it could make for some good role-playing and fun. The real trouble with the scenario is that the PCs are heroes. Going into hiding for 70 years while humanity is enslaved isn't exactly heroic.

What might work, from a RP point of view, is for a group of the heroes to decide to force some of their compatriots into Tesla's Chronobridge as a last-ditch effort to defeat the aliens in the future while they form a delaying action, holding off several attacking aliens, fully expecting to die. I think you'd have to play things out a while longer to really get to that point, though.

Remove ads