• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hey look another Highlander movie

HeavenShallBurn said:
I'm not sure he does cameos anymore. The last voice acting that he did was a while back too. Is he still in good enough shape for cameos?

It's not a question of "good enough shape." He just has no interest. They asked him to come back for the new Indy Jones movie, and he said that he seriously considered it, but decided that retirement is "too damned much fun."

Kaodi said:
Now if only they get a Scot to play the Scot, and a Spaniard to play the Spaniard, and maybe a nice cameo for our ol' lad Mr. Connery.
"I'm NOT Spanish - I'm Egyptian..."

Yeah it could be alright. It always depends on the execution. There were actually some tricks they missed on the original, but it at least starts with great writing and nothing after the first was worth squat.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
It might at least be worth a look (which is more than the sequels)... depending on what they are actually going to make out of it.

Bye
Thanee

Villano

First Post
I hope it isn't a remake of the original film. Why? Because the original film had an ending to the story. If they end the film with the last two immortals fighting to the death and the victor winning The Prize, what do you do for the sequel? Explain it all away by claiming they're aliens? :/

I think they should just ignore the original series. Give us a new immortal and set it in the same universe. Just do a good immortal vs bad immortal story and no "final battle". Don't worry about anyone winning The Prize. In other words, aim for something more like the TV series than the film.

And, while I understand the need to have the main character be Scottish in order to use the name "highlander", could he please, please, please not be a MacLeod? Connor, Duncan, Quentin, Colin...was anyone not immortal in that family?!

TwinBahamut

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
I don't think the original has aged all that well.
I never saw the appeal of the original movie. In fact, I thought it was pretty bad. It wasn't until later that I realized that people were using its sequel as the standard for terrible movies, rather than the original...

It would take a pretty impressive remake to get me interested. That said, I don't think a remake is a bad idea.

Klaus

First Post
Wow. Highlander was so cool, it's amazing it took them over 20 years to revisit that universe. You'd think they'd have made sequels or TV series of that. ;)

Imagine Ewan McGregor as Connor McLeod, Antonio Banderas as the Spaniard and Triple H as The Kurgan...

Klaus said:
Imagine Ewan McGregor as Connor McLeod, Antonio Banderas as the Spaniard and Triple H as The Kurgan...

Hmm... Two for three, my friend. I could get behind the first two, but I don't think I like 3H as the Kurgan. 3H can do "physical scary," but there's also an element of "personality scary" to the Kurgan that I don't think he can manage. (It's possible; I haven't seen him do much acting beyond Blade III, but I've seen no evidence of it.)

Klaus

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Hmm... Two for three, my friend. I could get behind the first two, but I don't think I like 3H as the Kurgan. 3H can do "physical scary," but there's also an element of "personality scary" to the Kurgan that I don't think he can manage. (It's possible; I haven't seen him do much acting beyond Blade III, but I've seen no evidence of it.)
I only mentioned 3H out of name recognition, as I have zero knowledge of him aside from a couple of pictures. For what it's worth, I think Clancy Brown could still play a kickass Kurgan. Even back then his movements were pretty slow, in a Darth Vader kind of way.

Orius

Legend
Hand of Evil said:
Uwe Boll is the perfect director for this project too!

The Highlander franchise has enough problems, the last thing it needs it Boll.

I've never gotten around to seeing the original movie, but I suspect if it wasn't for the TV series, it would have ended up being a nearly forgotten movie from the 80's with a cult following.

Klaus

First Post
Orius said:
The Highlander franchise has enough problems, the last thing it needs it Boll.

I've never gotten around to seeing the original movie, but I suspect if it wasn't for the TV series, it would have ended up being a nearly forgotten movie from the 80's with a cult following.
You, sir, suspect wrong.

Highlander was a big hit back in the day. Conner's line "My name is Conner McLeod, I'm 300 years old and I'm immortal" was even used as a pick-up line here.

TV series? What TV series? ;)

Remove ads