High level Modules

egomann

Explorer
My players are about a month away from finishing City of the Spider Queen. Once they are done they will be Badasses.

Does anyone know of a good module, even for "Epic" levels that can handle caracters of this level of power?

WizarDru

Adventurer
What level are we talking about, specifically?

Assuming you're not interested in the WotC core adventure path (and I wouldn't blame you, necessarily), I highly recommend "Lich Queen's Beloved" from Dungeon #100, the best high level module of which I am aware. I ran it for my group of 6 18-20th level players, and they had a blast (but don't take my word for it, check the story hour *wink*). It anticipates player's powers, without cheating them or shortcircuiting their abilities.

F.C.Desoya

First Post
There was a Dragon Magazine adventure that introduced epic levels and how players reach them. Unfortunently I don't have it handy now. But I thought it was a good test of players and had them use a variety of high level abilities and had a good mix of foes and environments.

Anyone know the name of it and what number it is in?

Stegger

First Post
Maure Castle from Dungeon 112 have gotten quite som praise over at paizo.com.
The current Dungeon magazine #122, has an adventure called The Root of Evil for 18th level characters.
The next issue, 123, has an adventure for lvl 30 characters :)
I dont know any published adventures for "epic" levels other than those, hope it helps a bit....
Cheers,
Stegger

WizarDru

Adventurer
Stegger said:
I dont know any published adventures for "epic" levels other than those, hope it helps a bit....
Cheers,
Stegger
The issue with Maure Castle is quite good, but may not be high-level enough...but it is old-skool fun.

The first Epic module in Dungeon was Storm Lord's Keep...and it was, in my opinion, terrible. There was another one, iirc, but I don't remember thinking too highly of that, and both were 3.0 Epic, not 3.5.

More recent issues have had a good high-level module every issue, such as the one in the swamp involving force of Iuz and an orc encampment above it (name fails me just now). Root of Evil is another good one, in this month's issue, as was said.

egomann

Explorer
The characters will be around 16-18th level when they are done.

I am not looking for a "One Off" but for something that will carry the game for a couple of months.

Hellstone Deep may work, but does anyone know any other ones?

WizarDru

Adventurer
egomann said:

I am not looking for a "One Off" but for something that will carry the game for a couple of months.

If you can get it, Lich Queen's Beloved can carry that load....if you're not averse to cross-dimensional invasions, in any case. As part of the 'Incursion' event that paizo ran at that time, you can get a lot of mileage out of it. The flip side of the issue is the polyhedron mini-game with lots of variant gith monsters and prestige classes, as well as a campaign setting of sorts. It wouldn't take much to enhance it to a mini-campaign, especially if you had the web enhancement with the city of Tunarath, the foldout map or a copy of the Planar Handbook, which reuses and expands the material.

The problem, generally, is that high-level modules are few and far between, because considerably fewer games reach those lofty heights, and hence there are fewer people to sell it to. A good PDF you could get is Legends of Avadnu, which has some very cool epic monsters in it.

Fathead

First Post
egomann said:

Well, with some tweaking (encounter difficulties will have to be increased), Goodman Game's "Crypt of the Devil Lich" would be good. It certainly was a blast to play.

Remove ads