D&D General High level of earn less ap/xp

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
Seriously OP, who are you trying to impress? There are many funny and intelligent people in the world. You seem to be to be one of them. Just say what you have to say without the charade. You remind me of David Lynch... or Gene Wolfe... or Umberto Eco (please take that as a compliment!). Yes, yes... you're very smart. You don't need to cloak simple statemen'
ts with an impression of wisdom by removing key bits of your intent from those statements. What purpose does that serve other than trying to make a reader feel dumb... and as a corollary, make you seem more intellig

le Redoutable

Seriously OP, who are you trying to impress? There are many funny and intelligent people in the world. You seem to be to be one of them. Just say what you have to say without the charade. You remind me of David Lynch... or Gene Wolfe... or Umberto Eco (please take that as a compliment!). Yes, yes... you're very smart. You don't need to cloak simple statements with an impression of wisdom by removing key bits of your intent from those statements. What purpose does that serve other than trying to make a reader feel dumb... and as a corollary, make you seem more intelligent?
to seem more intelligent ?
typical of High CHA and low WIS ( isn't it ??? )

le Redoutable

I think we've already built up enough of an intellect fortress not to be worried. ;)

Seriously, does anyone know of a French-language forum that could help le Redoutable? My Google-fu c'est tres mal.

I think he's saying you should need less XP to go up each additional level, because you get better at doing something as you practice it for a living. I can't say I agree; it's harder to learn, say, physics if you don't know any, but at a certain point it gets harder to proceed as you enter areas that haven't been studied or are more challenging. It's less trouble to learn electromagnetism once you know Newton's laws and are comfortable manipulating equations, but doing original research is going to get harder the more esoteric you get. Similarly, it's hard to learn to box, but once you do it's easier to learn new techniques...but you'll probably never be good enough to go up against Anthony Joshua or Tyson Fury.

The reason nobody does this is because monsters get more powerful, so the further you go along the more XP you get for each one. The problems with balancing this over the years have led to a lot of DMs giving up and levelling people up at given points in the story.
or perhaps a bell curve ( easy to get familiarity, hard to go professional, and easy again to reach mastery )

le Redoutable

First, xp only serve as a rule to deal with level.
Then, high levels run with smoothness.
It is said that, when you see the end of your journey and before climbing to heaven,

You Fight using willpower against excessive fame , richness and the like.
well, in fact it is when you see the ending point of your hindrance that you can savour... the upcoming of Fame, Fortune and the like :)

Marc Radle

Legend
First, you are replying to yourself as if you are having a conversation with yourself ….. which is REALLY strange.

Second, as folks have told you COUNTLESS times, none of your posts make any sense. You seem frustrated that no one gives constructive criticism on your various posts - the reason is very simple.

Your posts are nonsense. The question now, as it was then, is … do you honestly think you ARE making sense, or are you intentionally posting gibberish to get some sort of bizarre, twisted enjoyment from all of our confused, frustrated responses?

Remove ads