History Trivia: What module was this?

G

Guest 6801328

What TSR module is it where the party meets an NPC monk who tells them about fighting a monster that was immune to his fists? (Turns out to be a gargoyle.)

Or maybe it's not a module...something else?

I'm not testing you; I'm asking for help. This popped into my head and I can't for the life of me place it. It's been 35+ years since I read it.

("Alzheimer's" should be a thread category...)

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Wait, I know that one. It had the guy with the thing. Umm, you know, the magic thing with the name where they stuck two words together. It might have been the one with the front cover with the scantily clad woman on it, or was that another one? You know which one I'm talking about, right?

That's definitely it.

("Alzheimer's" should be a thread category...)

Preaching to the ... oh, darn, what do you preach to again? Pulpit? Congregation?

(Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.)

guachi

Hero
UK2 or UK3. It's a two-part series and I can't remember which had that. Give me a second to look.

EDIT: It's UK2 - The Sentinel. I flipped through my copy and it's on page 16.

"I assailed the creatures, intent on vengeance, but all my hard-learned arts were in vain and these hands which have smashed stone and splintered oak could do them no injury."

That's from the boxed text.

I ran both parts last year for the very first time. It was quite fun for all involved. A real winner of a module (well, two modules).

Last edited:

G

Guest 6801328

Doh! Thanks!

The irony here is that literally just a few days ago I was talking about Sentinel and Gauntlet with somebody.

Remove ads