D&D 5E Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Chapter 1

Brother Dave

First Post
OOC: **REVISED ACTION**

Rolen starts to relax when the kobolds fall to the ground sleeping, then reflexively swings around when he hears the shriek behind him and looses his arrow at one of the flying kobolds. His eyes go wide with shock and then excitement when he realizes what he is seeing, and he lowers his bow. Flying kobolds! I read about those in, let me see, was it Krabnaur's Guide....? I must check my notes...! His bow drops to the ground at his feet, forgotten, and he starts to reach around to rummage through his pack before his good sense reasserts itself. Wait! NO! What am I doing? Protect the family first, Rolen! There are children in danger. Content yourself with studying their corpses.

Burning with embarrassment at his reaction, Rolen quickly retrieves his discarded bow from the ground. Oh, what I wouldn't give for a net right now, though. Perhaps I should look into acquiring one...and learning how to use it, of course. Sigh... It's too bad only the normal ones were put to sleep. I would SO love to capture one on the winged ones alive.
[sblock=Note to the DM]I'm assuming that the whole bow dropping thing is going to cost Rolen his next action, but I couldn't resist. I mean, flying kobolds! What right-minded dragon researcher wouldn't drop everything for a chance to study one for the first time?[/sblock]

OOC: **edit** - I just realized - can I use the attack and damage rolls I already made, or do you want new rolls?

Last edited:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
[Keep the attack and damage rolls by all means. Losing your next action to grab the bow seems fair, and take inspiration for playing to character as well 😊]

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
[Sorry all, completely dropped the ball here and for some reason thought I was waiting for another character. The kobolds are indeed up next]

The winged kobolds swoop down upon the gnomes, and one of them knocks Jenna of of the cart. She shrieks as she falls to the ground, and then lies still. The kobold lands, and stands over her, dagger in hand and a toothy grin on it's face.

"Jenna! You filthy bastards!" cries James in anger, and launches himself at the kobold, knocking it sprawling to the floor as they both grapple. The remaining kobold remains airborne, watching for an opening to attack.

The pony pulling the cart begins to panic and neighs loudly, clearly not used to being in such a dangerous situation. The cart creaks and groans as the animal tries to break free of it's reins and flee.

----------

"Tymora preserve us... we need to get to the keep. It's the safest place..." says the woman to Erevan, and she points to the keep in the distance.

"We can get there through the town, or skirt around the edges, take the side streets... maybe there will be less of them, but it will take longer..."

[One winged kobold in a grapple with James, one flying above. The other kobolds remain asleep.]

epicbob

Explorer
[I don't have the spell details for Witch Bolt epicbob, what does it do on a successful hit?]
[sblock=Witch Bolt rules]On a successful hit, it deals 1d12 lightning damage per spell level, each turn, for up to a minute, unless I break concentration. Think of it as Emperor Palpatine's lightning streams.[/sblock]

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
The winged kobold quickly flits to one side and evades the stream of magical lightning, before turning it's beady eyes at Robert and your group. You've got this one's attention at least.

[Erevan is up next]

Remove ads