Pathfinder 1E Holy heck! There's a guy STUPID enough to ask for pirated materials on the Pathfinder FACEBOOK PAGE!!!!

Crothian

First Post
Paizo should nail him right there! What the heck!?!?

What is it you expect Paizo to do? They have no authority to nail anyone. At most if they can figure out who it is they can ban him from their own forums but other then that at most they can do is give him a stern lecture.

Charles Wright

First Post
I've got a better one for you -

We at Frog God Games got an email earlier this year from someone complaining that our PDFs weren't of a high enough quality for him when he had them printed out.

We checked and found out that no one from that email address ever purchased our PDF products. Just to double-check we asked him where he purchased our PDFs and why he wanted to print them out. Never got a response.

So, as near as we can figure, someone pirated our PDFs and then decided to make a costumer complaint to try and get free hi-res versions suitable for a printing press!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've got a better one for you -

We at Frog God Games got an email earlier this year from someone complaining that our PDFs weren't of a high enough quality for him when he had them printed out.

We checked and found out that no one from that email address ever purchased our PDF products. Just to double-check we asked him where he purchased our PDFs and why he wanted to print them out. Never got a response.

So, as near as we can figure, someone pirated our PDFs and then decided to make a costumer complaint to try and get free hi-res versions suitable for a printing press!

Or he has two email addresses? My PayPal address and the actual email address I use are different, for example. Plus I have an address I used to use just for shopping online so as to catch all the spam from them.

Charles Wright

First Post
That's why the nice email was sent out asking him where he got his PDFs.

I assure you that I thought of the simple possibility that he had more than one email address or purchased the PDFs from one of the online stores that sells them.

Asatru009

Explorer
It's copyright infringement not piracy.

First off it's not piracy, it's copyright infringement. Secondly I'd say that this individual is rather foolish, yes. I also think it amounts to laziness because the SRD is available for downloading. Some people just do not care about anything and just want what they want and should be punished.

Charles Wright

First Post
If he's looking for a place to download the material for free, that would be theft/piracy of the material.

Copyright infringement only comes into it if they are printing the material for resale.

Asatru009

Explorer
If he's looking for a place to download the material for free, that would be theft/piracy of the material.

Copyright infringement only comes into it if they are printing the material for resale.

I think talking about IP law is neat and fun but are we allowed to talk about it (I assume if we aren't advocating illegal activity?). If we are, than hey I'll be happy to proceed with the discussion.

Remove ads