Hoping to test my unpublished RPG at Gencon

Living Legend

First Post
I have spent the last two years designing Blood, Wits & Steel, an RPG that I hope to self publish in a year or two. Last year I went to Gencon for the first time and it was awesome, but a little overwhelming. I didn’t really get a chance to game much, except for a few demos in the exhibit hall.

This year I am returning with the hopes of running demos for my game with as many players as I can. I found an area that seemed perfect for this, but now it appears they may be running out of room. So I am turning to the Enworld community for help for a backup plan.

I am wondering if there is a hall or area at Gencon where people can go to try new games or just where there are a lot of pickup games. I would love to find such an area, set up at a table, and run demos for anyone walking by that is interested, and then get some feedback from them. Since I've only been to Gencon once before, and I don't know anybody that has gone either, I'm not really sure where these place might be, if they exist, or where to look for them. I know the layout is going to be different this year with the convention expansion, but if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Disclaimer: If anyone is interested in trying my game just look at my profile for a basic description of what its all about. I will have premade characters and several prepared demos to run. I know tinkering with your own RPG is kind of a popular thing right now, but this is something I've put a lot of time and effort into, and I take it seriously.

Last edited:

Saint&Sinner

Explorer
In addition to Games on Demand I would check out the dedicated Open Gaming Space that's supposed to be outside the game Library. Also, if you find a few people to play your game you can ask any of the Gencon staff tables and they will try to find you an open table. Good Luck!

Living Legend

First Post
There is a huge festival in my small town every year called Blueberry festival. Something like a million people show up for it every year, and my town's population is normally 15,000, so it's kind of a big deal. I grew up across the street from the park it's held at so I know this festival inside and out. But for someone who has never been there it can be a little overwhelming. I could give any tourist a few simple tips that would greatly improve their experience there: when to go to avoid crowds, where to not get ripped off, that kind of thing.

I feel like Gencon is the same way. With a few simple tips from someone who knows the place my experience is bound to greatly improve.

Thanks. See you at Gencon.

Remove ads