Horror Western - two players only

doghead

thotd
I've been winging it somewhat in order to keep things moving. But I have couple of questions.

I was thinking of a pump/lever action weapon when I picked the shotgun. Ever played Devil May Cry? The pistols are cool, but the shotgun kicks. Are lever actions available? Are there any special rules for shotguns? If not, then I might just go for a lever action rifle - better range increments and more shots.

Do you have a list of firearms that are available and what stats should we use for them?

How are we going on Jianna's first half celestial level? I've got this feeling that her BAB, HP and stuff are about to become relevent.

thotd

silentspace

First Post
I'm hazy on the details, but I don't think I ever saw a pump action shotgun in a Western. You see them lots in modern-day action films though. I think weapons like the pump shotgun, or pistols with magazines, came a bit later. I didn't get speed loaders for the Priest's revolvers for the same reason - I only see 'em in modern action films. Don't know if any of this is accurate, or if it matters. :)

doghead

thotd
Yeah, pump actions and fast reloaders came later. I was playing to the manga angle more than the western one, but I'm easy.

I've just had a quick look at Western Arms site and probably will go with a Henry Repeating Rifle (.44 caliber, 15 shot, 6.5 lbs.) - "Load on Sunday and shoot all week." If its OK, I'll get a pistol as well. The M1849 Dragoon Horse Pistol (.44 caliber, 6 shot, 4 lbs.) is kinda cool in an big 'n ugly sort of way. Perfect.

thotd.

doghead

thotd
Ack! I wasn't paying attention and I hit something other than the post reply button.

I put an updated chaarcter sheet in my first post (#3). I switched to the rifle, added in the (slightly edited) backstory elements and some more description.

For what its worth, the 4 level progression to "full" half celestial has rather grown on me. A full progression might be more powerful in the long run, but the long run can be a very long time in PbP. And having only 4 levels means that there will be a conclusion to this metamorphis (although I'm thinking I will take some more Charismatic levels as well, so it will be more like 6-8 levels). Anyway, I'm easy, but I thought I would mention it.

thotd.

*checks the button carefully*

Rhialto

First Post
Shouldn't that be "Ennio Morricone" music, in the first post? :p

That said, if you ever decide to expand things... well, I have a great idea for a gunslinging London Times correspondent...

Krug

Newshound
Rhialto said:
Shouldn't that be "Ennio Morricone" music, in the first post? :p

That said, if you ever decide to expand things... well, I have a great idea for a gunslinging London Times correspondent...

Oops you're right Rhialto. Hmm.. gunslinging London Times correspondent. Will keep it in mind. :)

Remove ads