Horror Western - two players only

Rhialto

First Post
Krug said:
Oops you're right Rhialto. Hmm.. gunslinging London Times correspondent. Will keep it in mind. :)

I'm sort of thinking of the old radio show "Frontier Gentleman". Quite good. And a few of the episodes had a horror/supense feel...

Krug

Newshound
Hmm ok Rhialto you've sold me. Third level, 28 point buy. Normal human dude though. Move mouse over text below for some info.
One of his 'beats' in the New World to track down the mysterious Count Orlock, who's supposedly setting up some new business in this land of oppportunity since leaving Germany...

I'll leave it up to you about why you might be encountering the 'Priest'.

doghead

thotd
1840? Isn't that all pre-precussion weapons? Muskets and stuff.

Jianna's pistol is listed as the M1849 Dragoon. 1849 being the year it was adopted by the military. It was described as Samuel Colts first percussion weapon, which suggests that previously it was all flintlocks and ball and powder weapons. The Peacemakers are mostly listed as 1873.

Obviously, dates are only an indication, cos this ain't a historical recreation. Just curious thou'. My grasp of dates is fairly weak. What were the dates for the American Civil War?

thotd.

Krug

Newshound
Hmm yeah my grasp of history, particularly dates, is pretty bad. 1890s? :) Need to do more research but otherwise consider this set in a 'parallel universe' where anything (and everything) isn't quite the same as it is/was. ;)

silentspace

First Post
I think the technology was changing rapidly, so ideas of 'historical accuracy' are going to be tough. Plus I'm sure there were inventions in some places that might not have reached other places, etc. After the railroads and telegraphs were put in new inventions probably spread a lot quicker. Even so, I don't know if a lot of things were mass produced back then, so new inventions may not have been available for many years after the invention date. I think I heard somewhere that good guns were extremely expensive back then. I've been assuming its based off of Western movies, most of 'em seem to be pretty similar as far as tech goes. Not too many zombies in 'em though :p

Rhialto

First Post
All right. I probably got quite a bit wrong, so just correct me as needed.

CLIVE EDWARD ALBERT CHOLMONDELEY

Smart Hero 1, Fast Hero 2
Career: Investigative

Str. 10
Dex 16 (+3)
Con 10
Int. 14 (+2)
Wis. 12 (+1)
Cha. 12 (+1)

Hit Points: 21
BAB: +1
DF: +4
Fort: +0
Ref: +5
Wil: +2

Skills: Investigate 6 ranks (+10), Sense Motive 5 ranks (+6), Research 5 ranks (+8), Knowledge (Current Events) 6 ranks (+9), Knowledge (Streetwise) 5 ranks (+8), Search 5 ranks (+7), Bluff 4 ranks (+5), Intimidate 4 ranks (+5), Craft (Writing) 4 ranks (+6), Listen 4 ranks (+5), Spot 4 ranks (+5), Sleight of Hand 6 ranks (+9)

Feats: Simple Weapons (Bonus), Personal Firearms (Bonus), Point Blank Shot, Improved Initiative, Defensive Martial Artist, Fast Draw

Talents: Savant (Investigate), Evasion

I'll give his history later...

silentspace

First Post
Didn't realize the zombies were blocking the way to the church. Not that it matters, he might have to face them if he tried to go around anyway.

The Priest wanted to leave right away, mindful of being caught in the dark and that this young as-of-yet unnamed girl (the Priest never asked her name) might be in danger. But he's too intrigued now, with the dog and the bells! Besides, the girl's much safer now, being on her horse and all, she can stay out of range.

Hey Rhialto :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases