• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HotDQ advice? (spoiler)

Sloblock

Explorer
After using the hook from Hack and Slash blog about the halfling in the cave being Tom Haverford ( none of my players watched Parks and Rec ), I had Leosin and Frume in Elturiel mention that a contact would meet them at the docks in BG.

I then had the contact be Jon-Ralphio ( another P&R reference )who then took them on a long winded route to the safe house in the upper part of the city. I planed this out before hand so I could prep the location descriptions.

When they got to the market square I ran the encounter where a merchant complains one of them stood on his cloak whilst others rob people. My PC got quite angry and almost rained down chaos on him. Queue a stand off with the merchant and the watch.

So the heist, the PCs are approached by a well dressed man who asks if they are adventurers and if they are available for hire. Basically he needs them to break into a museum ( hall of wonders style, quite small two floors ) and replace his item for one inside. The object was a bleached bone with writing on it.

Basically the exhibit is upstairs and has some protection on it, and a couple of guards walking around the entire place on 10 minutes routes. When the PCs finally get in they find 12 bones all identical on a display shelf and then when they try to swap one of them the shelf collapses and now all of the 13 bones are on the floor. The magical McGuffin in the room only allows one bone to be picked up at a time. So what to do...

The heist for the PCs goes wrong at this point and the halfling only just escapes.

They didn't go back to the well dressed man...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads