Hound Archons

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Not really. H/W would be about human, maybe a bit more weight because of the muscle. And they're Archons, so I don't think they age as such.

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Why does everyone seem to think that Archons, Angels, and other Outsiders are immortal or don't age? I'd really like to know how this got so ingrained in their minds that this is so.

I don't mean to sound rude. So I'm I sorry if that came off as such.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I don't know about outsiders in general, but the classical fiends and celestials are immortal, IMO. It's because of the stories of legendary demons or devils that fought in the bloodwar for aeons, or the fallen angel which was seduced by evil at the beginning of time and the like. Or that of imprisoned demons that are freed after millenia.

moritheil

First Post
For the same reason that they think of fire elementals as not suffering from aging effects . . . we just don't really tend to think of "infant" or "elderly" things that we cannot immediately relate to humans or animals.

In the case of elementals "elder" could actually mean a more powerful age category, but there aren't any "Elder" angels or "Great Wyrm" angels :p

Buddha the DM said:
Why does everyone seem to think that Archons, Angels, and other Outsiders are immortal or don't age? I'd really like to know how this got so ingrained in their minds that this is so.

I don't mean to sound rude. So I'm I sorry if that came off as such.

Jack Simth

First Post
MacMathan said:
Not to Hi-Jack but that does bring up the point that there are no age charts for any monster type that I am aware of.
The True Dragons have one.... although dragons, like fine wine, pretty much only improve with age (their manueverability goes down, and they lose the ability to fit in smaller places (well, those that don't shapeshift), but other than that....).

Generally, monsters don't have age charts, simply because it won't usually matter. It's only when you start allowing monsters as races that it can even potentially become an issue - and then, just pick a "closest" match from the standard PC races, or fill to suit themeatically - by legend, vampires and lich are immortal and unaging (perhaps all undead act similarly); by closest match, a troll might age as a half-orc; an abberation might age as an Elan (psionics section of SRD - elan's don't die of old age); a Drow would likely age as an Elf; and so on.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
The 2e book Warriors of Heaven suggested 60+2d10 inches and 175+5d10 lb. (Or 1 inch/25 lb. less for females.) As for age, it states Archons have neither age categories nor a maximum age. (Eladrins and Guardinals, OTOH, do.)

Remove ads