D&D 5E "House" Rules

I

Immortal Sun

In response to the Magic Resistance portion of your post, how do you handle non-damaging spells like charm person which are usually save based?

Best regards

Oiy, my table uses so few I didn't really think about it. If it's a non-damaging attack spell, the caster has Disadvantage and if it's a non-damaging save spell the target gets Advantage.

ccs

41st lv DM
I used to play with critical misses and we had a chart like we did for critical hits. We got away from it with 4e and 5e because it added more complexity and seemed to slow things down. I like [MENTION=6803664]ccs[/MENTION] said about a simple idea of just monsters having advantage to hit you if you roll a 1. It is easy to play and understand. It does not allow for things like bows breaking or magic item blows up, but makes it streamlined.

One point to think about is how halflings re-roll 1s and how they would never fumble in 5e.

Halflings could still fumble by rolling a 1 on that 2nd die.

aco175

Legend
Halflings could still fumble by rolling a 1 on that 2nd die.

We used to have rolling 1 a second time be a breakage. Mostly it was your magical sword, but a staff of power broke and exploded once, killing both the mage and the BBEG. It was a great night of RP, except for the mage player who was a bit upset.

Remove ads