Housing/HQ's in Sharn

NeuroZombie

Explorer
Let me preface this post with a link to my campaign post:

here

I am looking to give my PC's some options for an HQ for the campaign mentioned above for their Stormforge Agency adventuring/Merc/Investigation organization. I am, however, having a bit of a problem figuring out the cost per squre (or square foot) of space in Sharn. I of course looked at the Shrn rulebook and have noted the costs listed there for housing, but there is no mention of cost vs. size, just quality. For example, what would the warehouse of page 67 of the Sharn book go for?

If anyone could direct me to either a source for building costs, or at least some idea, that would be much apreciated. To bad I don't still have the 2e book that had these costs listed :(

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I do not have my copy of Mythical Medieval Western Europe but I think it may be able to help some will have to check it later. Is there something in the DMG, I forget?

I would just throw out an amount.

ajanders

Explorer
Sigh...

Stronghold Builders Guide is designed to be perfectly compatible with the RAW...it should work for Eberron, but you're on your own for the funky gravity effects of Sharn.
The best option is probably to treat a gravity vortex as a "special resource" that allows the free use of levitate spells or Air Walk.
Half the book can legitimately be treated as asinine, mind.
"Winged boots are handy for reaching airborne strongholds."
Somebody should be apologizing to the trees that died to make paper for that line.

Klaus

First Post
I'd say that space in Sharn is at a premium. The housing costs listed refer to a single character's housing. If the group purchases enough space to house 6 characters, I'd multiply the cost by 6, and eyeball it against the DMG costs for houses. If the area is large, but spartan in furniture, in a bad neighboorhood (which will likely be the case), I'd lower the cost a bit.

reveal

Adventurer
If you don't have it, get the Sharn - City of Towers book. My players also wanted a house so I made one for them. On pages 22 and 23 of the Sharn book, it lists costs for housing. It gives costs for either renting or buying.

Rent:
Upscale residence - 2d8x10 gp/month
Average residence - 1d4x10 gp/month
Poor residence - 1d4 gp/month

Buy:
Upscale residence - 2d8x2500 gp
Average residence - 1d4x1500 gp
Poor residence - 1d4x100 gp

The book also lists each district in the city and what type of residences are available in each district, so you can't just say "I want an upscale residence here" and plop it into a district where no upscale residences actually exist.

For furnishings, I had them use the Kaiser's Bazaar books from Mad Kaiser Games. http://www.rpgnow.com/default.php?manufacturers_id=336

Staffan

Legend
Klaus said:
I'd say that space in Sharn is at a premium. The housing costs listed refer to a single character's housing. If the group purchases enough space to house 6 characters, I'd multiply the cost by 6, and eyeball it against the DMG costs for houses. If the area is large, but spartan in furniture, in a bad neighboorhood (which will likely be the case), I'd lower the cost a bit.
Given the size of the city compared to the population, one would think that they'd be giving away room...

Remove ads