How about a 5E forum?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Need we remind you that speculation is at least half of what Eric Noah's site was based on?

Yeah, but he was driving much of the discussion and posting information his picked upand posting his ideas (protoblog style) on the main page. (I never lurked on the forum until way after 3e was released).

Now since EnWorld's population is many time what it was back then, too many speculation threads is annoying since the likely hood of seeing what is essentially the same speculation pop up from multiple people as a result of not having read each other's posts is far greater then it was way back then. Wasn't that why there was a 5e speculation thread moratorium last year?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Wasn't that why there was a 5e speculation thread moratorium last year?

Seems to me that a year has passed, and a year is a long time. Lots of things can happen in a year. New ideas can crop up, and new evidence can come in.

It also seems to me that there are far fewer such threads in the forums than when we had that moratorium. They're not seriously shoving other content off the front pages at this time. If and when they show themselves to be a hindrance to other conversation, we may consider moving them. Until then, we expect you folks are smart enough to just not bother with discussions that don't interest you.

Stalker0

Legend
It also seems to me that there are far fewer such threads in the forums than when we had that moratorium. They're not seriously shoving other content off the front pages at this time.

I wanted to reiterate this point one more time.

Thread traffic on the major messageboards for the site is small enough that forum goers have sufficient time to review new threads. So the few 5e threads out there are not moving other threads aside.

In such an environment, we try not to splinter thread topics into new forums as it reduces exposure.

As for whether 5e is truely coming or not, regardless of what turns out to be the truth, Enworld has always been a place for healthy speculation.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
As for whether 5e is truely coming or not, regardless of what turns out to be the truth, Enworld has always been a place for healthy speculation.

I should also note that the 5E speculation threads that exist are, for the overwhelming majority, quite well-argued and polite, unlike a significant number of similar threads that pop up on the WotC forums.

Sadly (or not, depending on your viewpoint), they aren't really rumors. Monte's working on 5e. That said, we likely won't create a 5e forum until the game is actually announced (or we get annoyed by the number of threads!)

Either way, thanks for the feedback.

In which case, as his L&L appears to have absolutely nothing to do with 4e, could we put all Legends and Lore threads into general rather than the 4e forum?

Remove ads