• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How big is your RPG collection?

How big is your RPG collection?

• Colossal - 1,000+ products....yes, people like me really do exist

Votes: 57 22.6%
  • Gargantuan - 500-1,000....I need a room (and might have one)

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Huge - 300-500....I'm your garden-variety pseudo-collector

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Large - 100-300....I guess this isn't just a passing phase?

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Medium - 20-100....a solid, playable, collection

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • Small - 5-20 - i'm a minimalist

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Tiny - <5 - just the basics

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • None - Who am I and why am I here?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have some serious wooden bookshelves which are up to the task of supporting all that weight. But if I were starting over, I'd probably invest in som Metro or InterMetro modular metal shelving from Container Store. That is what I'm using in my kitchen for my cookbooks, and in other rooms for other stuff.

Why?

Well, InterMetro is the slightly cheaper and less sturdy version of Metro...and Metro can hold @800lbs per shelf. Pretty much, it will take anything you've got.

delericho

Legend
I have some serious wooden bookshelves which are up to the task of supporting all that weight. But if I were starting over, I'd probably invest in som Metro or InterMetro modular metal shelving from Container Store. That is what I'm using in my kitchen for my cookbooks, and in other rooms for other stuff.

Why?

Well, InterMetro is the slightly cheaper and less sturdy version of Metro...and Metro can hold @800lbs per shelf. Pretty much, it will take anything you've got.

Yep. I've been using some cheap shelves that were then badly assembled, vastly overloaded, and then left to bear the weight for years. It's not really a surprise they've given up the ghost.

We're thinking of moving to a new place at the end of this year, so we'll hold off on getting new shelves until we get where we're going. Really, though, I should clear out some of my books - there are an awful lot there that I'll just never use again.

I have several hundred RPG books, most of which are separate systems, rather than lots of books all within the same few systems. A lot of it is very obscure stuff going back into the 70s, when I first started buying RPGs.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
When I moved to the Third World a few years ago, I decided to reward myself with a purpose-built library/office so I have shelves that would hold at least 10,000 books and they can also take the weight.

Voadam

Legend
Not entirely sure, I'll start to count.

Currently:

D&D
5e: 3 books
4e WotC: 29
4e Non WotC: 14
3.5 WotC: 50
3e WotC: 31
Officially Licensed 3e: 20
Paizo Dungeon and Dragon: 21
OGL: 235
d20 Modern: 4
WotC Other d20: 3
Arcana Unearthed: 3
Babylon 5 d20 RPG: 1
BESM d20: 1
Conan d20: 6
Deadlands d20: 2
Everquest RPG d20: 3
Iron Heroes: 1
Pathfinder 35
Mutants and Masterminds: 3
True20: 3
AD&D 2e: 153
Hackmaster: 11
AD&D 1e TSR: 68
AD&D Others: 20
Basic D&D: 28
Castles and Crusades: 4
Agone: 2
Armageddon: 1
Ars Magica: 13
Call of Cthulhu: 3
Conspiracy X: 1
Cthulhutech: 1
d6: 1
Deadlands: 2
Demon the Fallen: 1
Earthdawn: 4
Elric!: 1
Exalted: 16
GURPS: 43
Hero: 5
HeroQuest: 1
Hunter The Reckoning: 1
Hunter the Vigil: 1
In Nomine: 2
Kult: 1
Legend of the Five Rings: 1
Macross RPG: 2
Mage the Ascension: 12
Mage the Sorcerer's Crusade: 3
Marvel Super Heroes: 4
MERP: 5
Nightlife: 1
Palladium: 4
Pendragon: 2
Rifts: 8
Rolemaster: 9
Shadowrun: 18
Star Trek: 1
TMNT: 1
Tri-Stat: 4
Tunnels and Trolls: 1
Vampire the Masquerade: 14
Warhammer RPG: 3
Werewolf the Apocalypse: 13
Whispering Vault: 1
World of Darkness: 2
Statless: 7
Maps: 17
Mind's Eye Theatre: 2
Bladestorm: 1
Warhammer Fantasy Battles: 12
Warmachine: 3
Warzone: 1

So if my math is right that is 1,001.

Last edited:

R

RevTurkey

I have owned, read and tried hundreds of roleplaying games...at some points having cupboards full of them. However, I have now only got two systems (and just the core books of those). For the moment they seem to be enough to keep me happy.

R

RevTurkey

I settled on Dungeon Crawl Classics and Castles & Crusades. I like the old school vibe but modern mechanics of both. They are more than enough for me as a DM to run the kind of games that I want. If I am interested in other games it is usually as a player so I buy a game, have a look and if I like what I see...I give it somebody else as a present in the hope that I might get to enjoy playing it sometime :)

EDIT: I am of course not suggesting I will not move to something else but at the moment these two suit me just fine.

Remove ads