D&D 5E How did you lead Trollskull Manor or another bussines?

Chaosmancer

Legend
My players love investments, but what they do is buy into businesses run by NPCs; that way they don't have to bother with the nuts and bolts.

I added a page to our website to track things:

That's a really good idea, I never considered doing that before

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
I read through Acq Inc but could not get past the 'used car salesman' atmosphere. The downtime rules to run / improve a franchise might / might not be helpful after you dig through that level of distraction.

The rules have a certain capitalism run amok satire going on (its Penny Arcade, I expect nothing less), but the ideas are excellent if you can parse through the humour. In particular recruiting employees, using employees for downtime, as well as roles for the PCs beyond their classes.

My personal favourite is the idea of a major domo being able to act in PC roles when they aren't available, but only one at a time.

Maestrino

Explorer
The rules have a certain capitalism run amok satire going on (its Penny Arcade, I expect nothing less), but the ideas are excellent if you can parse through the humour. In particular recruiting employees, using employees for downtime, as well as roles for the PCs beyond their classes.

My personal favourite is the idea of a major domo being able to act in PC roles when they aren't available, but only one at a time.

Exactly. Now, for the group I'm running right now, it's EXACTLY their sense of humor (and mine) so it's a no-brainer. Next up, the new franchisees are getting sent to visit HR, where they will be thrown into a bizarre Portal-style testing facility. :)

Remove ads