D&D General How did you pay total for your PHB? How much did you pay for a D&D book?

jasper

Rotten DM
Some people are talking about how much D&D RPG books costs in another thread. Please list what you paid. Your country. And any add on fees. And the cheapest you got one new from a vendor/store. Skip if your country is over represented.
PHB Lists 49.95. I pay 54.95 with add on tax 10%. Cheapest $19.87 from Amazon shipping and tax included.
All D&D books list at $49.95.
Montgomery Al United States of America.

Al2O3

Explorer
I live in Stockholm, Sweden. For Tasha I paid 450 SEK for the book and 50 SEK for shipping from a store in Stockholm. The shipping is comparable to what it would cost me to get to the store and back.

450 SEK is about 53 USD. Mostly I think the local game stores in Sweden tend to stay close to the price listed on the WotC website. I haven't seen prices higher than 10*the listed number (i.e. same price with a conversion of 1 USD = 10 SEK, rather than the actual 8.5 SEK).

These prices all include 6 % VAT for books and 25 % VAT for shipping.

J-H

Hero
I paid, I think, about $45 each for the PHB, DMG, and XGTE, from a local gaming store. Then $25 for the Monster Manual when he closed down and sold them at cost.
Amazon has them for like $25-$30 each, but support your local store instead of, well, let's stay out of politics.
Edit: Texas, USA

Shiroiken

Legend
I paid about $45 for my PHB after tax from my FLGS in Kentucky. They try to charge Amazon level prices to stay competitive, but even when they can't it's still a value considering delivery time. Cheapest was free as a gift, but I'm assuming that wasn't what you meant :p

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It has been years now, but I think I got my PHB (and DMG and MM) for about $20 (each) when 5e first released.

For all that I live in a major metropolitan area, my FLGSs are a pain in the neck to get to, so I got them off Amazon.

Weiley31

Legend
USA resident.

Pretty much for a majority of my non third party 5E books, I've only played about 37.99+sales tax for a number of recent DND releases of last year and this year. My go to sites are usually Minature Market and GameNerdz as I haven't had any issues from them. although my Tasha's Alt cover that I ordered from GameNerdz is a no show and Minature Market is selling it for 49.99 for whatever the reason. Although that's probably more because of my apartment complex than GameNerdz being unreliable

I did get Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes from Amazon for 29.99+tax from Amazon. And recently, aside from Tasha's, my DM sold me his extra copy of the PHB, in new condition, for 20 bucks. I was gonna try to get the SCAG for the unnerfed Booming/Green Flame Blade, but I recently got Version 3 of the Spellbook Cards, Arcane, from Amazon so that has the unnerfed versions in it. So I'm not as hardcore about getting the updated SCAG book now cuz of that.

As for my Third Party/Kickstarter backed 5E products? I won't go into the details there, but all I'll say is that I am usually a dice/swag tuls when it comes to those. And its best we leave it at that.

I got Adventures in Middle Earth 5E for 20 bucks too. That was from Atomic Empire. They are pretty cool too.

My recent buying goal now is to get another copy of Tyranny of Dragons. Due to a stupid mistake on my part, my copy is a bit "bent" and that is an absolute disgrace to the epic cover of the book.

Retail price for anything is generally out of my budget, so if it is not from Amazon, I try to buy from one of the big game stores that also sells online at a discount. Places like the previously mentioned Atomic Empire or Miniature Market. The bonus from buying from places like these is you can also get the FLGS covers from them at a discount because they are actual brick&mortar stores, as well as selling online, so they qualify for getting those variant covers from WotC. So to answer the question, I do not think I have paid more than $30 each for any of the 5E books I own.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases