D&D General How did you pay total for your PHB? How much did you pay for a D&D book?

crazy_cat

Adventurer
UK:
PHB via Amazon in 2014 - £25.40 (@current exchange rate $33.80)
More recently:
January 2020, Wildemount, Amazon, £27.07
November 2019, Eberron, Local bookstore, £33.14 (after 15% discount for university card, so £38.99 real price) - was available cheaper on Amazon, but bought in store for the retailer only cover and to support a real actual physical bookshop (Heffers in Cambridge for anybody interested).

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I generally buy from Amazon uk as there is no FLGS near me. I am Irish. So 30 to 40 euro or so, it has been a long time. Not sure what I will do now that Brexit is about to befall.

ccs

41st lv DM
Here in the USA.
Whatever retail -20%, + whatever local sales taxes equels at the various local shops.

The cheapest? $0 - using Amazon pts from my credit card

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I live in the US and typically buy from Amazon, so I usually pay about $30 on average for my D&D books (I paid $29.95 each for the PHB and DMG and $29.97 for the MM, back in 2014).

Last edited:

TheSword

Legend
UK, Tasha’s in on sale for £33 - approx $44 US with free delivery. Some books are less, Xanathars Guide is £25, Rime is currently £30. Rare to see one £40.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Buy most WotC print books from Amazon for around USD 30 a book.

I also buy the books and D&D Beyond. I've bought all the non-adventure books on D&D Beyond.

I've always paid US $20 and $40 for every D&D book, with roughly $35 as the typical price. I got my DMG at a 30% discount from list at a local gamestore's day after Christmas sale, but otherwise the ten or so other books I have have either come from Amazon or Ebay. There is no sales tax in my state.

Ebay seems to be the cheapest option for me provided it is an older book and more common book and I check in on a few different days waiting for a particularly good deal to arise, bid on auction copies, etc. Of course if you go in not paying attention to who has tacked on $20 shipping fees and such it easily becomes the most expensive option.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
The game store I refer to as my FLGS is huge and about an hour away. However, because they are huge they can offer 25% off any pre-ordered book, so I always preorder the hobby cover versions of everything.

After tax I pay about $40 for each book.

Edit: oh, and I'm in Massachusetts, USA.

Remove ads