• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do I Get Rid of the Facebook Twitter Etc Thing?

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
How do I do that in Google Chrome?

I am no Chrome guru, but I did a quick look around and it looks like Chrome does not have a way to block a particular site like the Restricted Sites list. :erm:

You could try editing your Hosts file, adding the following line:
127.0.0.1 addthis.com

This would direct any requests for the addthis.com domain on your PC back to your PC itself.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Really hoping this gets fixed soon. I know one poster won't make a difference, but I might duck out from this site for a while until it's fixed (or only to check back on this thread if it's not to see if a fix was found).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Really hoping this gets fixed soon. I know one poster won't make a difference, but I might duck out from this site for a while until it's fixed (or only to check back on this thread if it's not to see if a fix was found).

I'm sorry to hear that.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Just chiming in, here. I too find the side-doohickey very distracting and unpleasant. Mind you, I mostly just lurk nowadays. And check to see if Tales of Wyre has updated. ;)

edit: This was on Firefox, btw. Oh, and I added the "addthis" thingies to the adblock filter and the widget disappeared!

Last edited:

Riley

Legend
Supporter
I am no Chrome guru, but I did a quick look around and it looks like Chrome does not have a way to block a particular site like the Restricted Sites list. :erm:

You could try editing your Hosts file, adding the following line:
127.0.0.1 addthis.com

This would direct any requests for the addthis.com domain on your PC back to your PC itself.

I was able to block addthis.com through the AdBlockPlus extension to Chrome. The sidebar is now gone from Chrome.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
WOOHOO! It worked. I'm "share/social media bar" free! Halleluja.

EDIT: Already had it, apparently. So THAT'S what that red stop sign thingy in the corner is for. :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads