How do you handle evil?

Well how do you handle it?

• I'm okay with players choosing any alignment.

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • I think players who choose an evil alignment are edgelords/wangrods.

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • I don't understand how a player can make an evil character with in my campaign.

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Evil? I think evil is so fun I've made evil campaigns set in mostly evil worlds.

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • I throw up my hands at alignment because the players are all murderhobos anyways.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I just don't find evil all that fun.

Votes: 38 54.3%

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
Yes, as I have stated several times.

Yes, but I consider Neutral it's own alignment and not as a transitionary period between Good and Evil or as a balancing act between Good and Evil actions. I'm not really sure what point you are making though, care to expound a bit?
no no, it's just a lol :)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Evil is different from environment to environment, it is fluid. It is cultural taboos; it is anti-gods of the land. If you are in an evil land, being evil is a good thing and is reflected as such. While being good is an evil thing.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
For the fourth (?) time, I don't know the 16 year old version of the Punisher you are describing. I'm more familiar with the Netflix show. So, much like the Captain America who was "anti-Jap" isn't the modern version people refer to, the character you are describing is not the one I'm referencing.
Going by the movies isn't the best way to assess ANY of the heroes or villains. The movies change things from the comic books. It's the comic books that established who the various heroes and villains are.

Going by the movies isn't the best way to assess ANY of the heroes or villains. The movies change things from the comic books. It's the comic books that established who the various heroes and villains are.
I disagree, and after having spent 20+ hours with him, I am quite confident I can assess that version of the character. Saying that no one can understand Superman without doing a literary analysis of the last 80 years of comics is quite the gatekeeping claim.

nevin

Hero
In my experience the best solution to “it’s what my player would do” is to do the same thing to the player. “The paladin NPC is just playing his alignment, the thieves guild are just upset that you’ve committed so many crimes they are helping the paladin, your bad for business, “. After all. It’s what law enforcement and the mafia would do. Consequences good and bad will usually fix any player behavior problems.

nevin

Hero
I disagree, and after having spent 20+ hours with him, I am quite confident I can assess that version of the character. Saying that no one can understand Superman without doing a literary analysis of the last 80 years of comics is quite the gatekeeping claim.
Superman would be a multiple personality with at least 10 persona’s if you analyzed him from beginning to now. I don’t think A literary analysis of a character rewritten to a different person every. Decade or at least new writer could be accurate. You’d have to analyze each iteration. The 1940’s Superman is not the 2022 Superman. But then How many Batman’s have we had?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
You can lead a horse to water...

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Superman would be a multiple personality with at least 10 persona’s if you analyzed him from beginning to now. I don’t think A literary analysis of a character rewritten to a different person every. Decade or at least new writer could be accurate. You’d have to analyze each iteration. The 1940’s Superman is not the 2022 Superman. But then How many Batman’s have we had?
This is true and is a much better argument. Hollywood, though, bastardizes pretty much everything they get their hands on. You can't go by what you see Hollywood writers put down in a script.

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
... and I'm sure Marvel Fans would have loved to see their classic comics in an adaptation to Cinema !
( I mean, with fidelity to the original scenario )

Remove ads