How do you handle evil?

Well how do you handle it?

• I'm okay with players choosing any alignment.

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • I think players who choose an evil alignment are edgelords/wangrods.

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • I don't understand how a player can make an evil character with in my campaign.

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Evil? I think evil is so fun I've made evil campaigns set in mostly evil worlds.

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • I throw up my hands at alignment because the players are all murderhobos anyways.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I just don't find evil all that fun.

Votes: 38 54.3%

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
The idea if a "correct" version of any Marvel or DC character feels a bit weird when there's so many official versions of them, even just looking at the comic-book version in the primary setting. When you expand that to elseworlds, what-ifs, novels, animated shows, live action shows, video games...

As bad as some of The Punisher movies were, they all kept the core idea of The Punisher intact (ex-military who goes on a vigilante killing spree when his family is murdered by criminals, has torso apparel with a skull on it). They're all valid interpretations of the character. It's fiction, there's no "real" person of which the facts may be wrong, just a fictional version of whom the facts may be wrong within the specific medium and story they're being presented in. The live action version of Sherlock where the main character is a woman isn't a "fake" Sherlock, just a different interpretation of the character.

Having said that, there are some TERRIBLE interpretations of fictional characters out there.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I really get the impression that you are the kind of guy that chases women out of comic stores calling them fake fans and demand people list off entire discographies when you see them wearing band t-shirts.
So I'm going to say this once. The next time you insult me, I will report the post.

You don't. You're free to assess the fake Hollywood punisher all you want, including calling a serial murderer neutral instead of the evil that he is. You just aren't assessing The Punisher.
You are claiming that the official Marvel endorsed character I am familiar with is fake because it doesn't meet your One True Character criteria. You are saying that I am not a real fan of the Punisher because I am not using the version you consider "real". This is gatekeeping, no different than if you insisted I wasn't a real role-player because I play a system or edition you don't think is "real roleplaying".

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
You are claiming that the official Marvel endorsed character I am familiar with is fake because it doesn't meet your One True Character criteria.
They can't both be The Punisher simultaneously and differently. The MCU version is not the same as the comic version, which you've admitted.
You are saying that I am not a real fan of the Punisher
Utterly false. Don't put words in my mouth. Your assumptions of my intentions are pretty bad, so if you're unclear, ask. You're a fan of the real MCU Punisher and that's fine.

Ultimately, though, the difference isn't relevant to this conversation. Both are evil. A serial murderer is evil no matter what his reasons.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases