• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you tab your PHB and other books?

Festivus

First Post
buzz said:
I tabbed my 3.5 PHB after I saw someone else do it at Gameday. I stuck with the default chapter headings, and used removable Avery printable tabs. Worked great.

I'm tempted to do the same with my 4e PHB, but then it won't fit nicely in the slipcase. :)

Thankfully, the 4e PH is already sort of tabbed, i.e., the chapter numbers on the sides of each page.

I too use the fan the upper right corner pages and scan looking for the section I want. I used to tab my books until I found that the post it's left behind a residue after a long time of being stickied, which then caused pages to stick together.

aurance

Explorer
I like the idea of tabs, but too often they snag on something and fall off, or in worst case, take a piece of the page with it. Especially with the heavy use RPG books get.

Phazzar

First Post
I honestly don't need to tab. The books are organized really well, and I know most of the page numbers for things off heart.

Dice4Hire

First Post
For the DMG I simply wrote my own table of contents (the stuff I want to look at repeatedly) and stuck it in the front of the book. I'm not a fan of post-it notes or such, ruins books too much for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads